MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day ladies,

On the Knurl's recommendation I have been using the above filters for many years. Even after a track day the oil is free of any shavings etc. so listen to Noel, they're great! I bought a bulk pack of 8 from Amazon last time. Just used the last one and went to buy more from Amazon and blow me, they don't ship to Australia anymore. Searched ebay etc. and they seem to be as rare as hens teeth. If they're there at all the price is high and the shipping horrendous. So can anyone put me on to a reasonably priced supply? Or recommend an alternative as good that I can get here in Oz without taking out a second mortgage. Sorry lads but I was too lazy to troll the posts, especially as it's nigh on impossible to track specifics given the headings on most posts. Any Jap bike filters suit?

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
114 Posts
Slightly off track but I wonder if Amazon are setting us up so that we have to buy from their Australian warehouse when it opens.
I tried to buy something from Amazon US last week and had the same issue. The thing I was chasing isn't even available in Australia so its not as though they are protecting a local distributor or retailer!
There are 3rd parties in the US who, for a fee, receive and forward on items that Amazon and the like won't or can't sell directly overseas. I've never used one but I guess its an option, albeit a convoluted way to buy something.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Deano
probably not as good as purolator but i have been using the ryco with no issues
easily available from super cheap auto for around the $15 mark. they'll order them in for you if they don't have them on the shelves.
I use ryco in my cars and never had an issue.

Option 'B' is to get them delivered to a stateside forum member who can mail them out for you

George

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sundodger, I had the same thought about the coming Aussie Amazon myself and reckon you're right. George, thanks a heap for that. It saves me going to Super Cheap with my verniers and opening every box to find a fit.

Cheers men

Deano

·
Super Moderator
22,648 Posts
@Deano: Noel, and others including me, will ship anything to anyone anywhere for the cost of postage. Just let us know.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chuck,

Much appreciated. I will probably take you or others up on that as I'd like to stick with the purolater.

Cheers mate

Deano

·
Super Moderator
22,648 Posts
PM me your needs!:grin2:

·
Administrator
20,396 Posts
@Deano....The Knurl has been shipping filters (and other stuff) to OZ for years. He even keeps a supply on hand. Contact Noel. All his various numbers and addresses are in his signature.

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
?

Deano;
I have 6 Purolator PL 14612 on my drafting table going to England soon as PayPal notifies me

Air stapler, paper taper, lots of boxes, peanuts and bubble wrap on hand
I pay for staples, tape and bubble pack mailers

You guys should get together and do a bulk purchase to cut down on shipping

:wink2:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Noel,

Good idea and thanks. Anybody in Oz interested? I'll get them through Noel and send them on.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
396 Posts
not sure how much postage is but a colleague of mine will fly to Sydney in a couple of weeks. If you only need a few I'm quite certain to be able to either take them from the guys at the Gapalicious to Germany and then to Australia once he flies or buy them and pass them on for whatever I paid + shipping within Australia

I'll be able to buy them this week only, Gapalicious is this week so you better hurry up if you need them :)

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
?

Deano;
They've changed the boxes on the filters, they are now hexagonal.....
I have to play with them and a large Flat Rate box, I can put 20lbs in the box.......
Just have to see how many filters I can get in there

I know I can get 2 layers in ......I might toss the boxes and use Zip Loc bags

Out smarting the System is a priority

>:)>:)>:)

·
Registered
975 Posts
I`ll take some Deano/ Noel, whatever number of filters helps for the shipping will do me and I have a few mates moving about Aus racing who can probably get them to the great nation of Tasmania for me, Thanks Guys

·
Registered
396 Posts
how many are "some"? and can anyone give me dimensions of one? as said before I have a colleague who will travel to AUS for probably about 2 weeks, I'm certain he has some space in his luggage to carre them.

If you on the other hand need more than a few preparing a larger package probably makes more sense

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
?

It looks like I can fit 32 filters into a Large Flat Rate box......which ships for $96
For the 6 filters going to England shipping was $49.50:surprise:

So delivered to OZ that's $14 a filter, you guys OK with that number?

This number isn't carved in stone .....I might get a break if I order 32 filters...but I doubt it

Let's keep this going

:wink2:

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm happy with that Noel, might have to wait for the other boys from down here to get home from work for a reply

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'm reluctant to ask this. So I conducted a search first and did not see an answer. Currently running M1-108. What are the possible consequences of having a bypass valve that activates at 14psi compared to say 8-9psi (that most motorcycle specific filters run at)? Cold start wear and tear?

I'm not talking about debris blocked filter activated bypass during normal or high rpm running because I think you are stuffed either way if that happens.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts