MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.. well the day is almost here.. next week i'm told.
My R should arrive to Pro Italia. I love that place.. Jake and Sam are top notch guys.

I've never purchased an MV before and i've heard that theres nothing i can do about the price since they are so limited in number... but i'm hoping that someone out there has some piece of advice that can save me some money. If so.. would you be so kind as to let me in on the secret?

What I've considered asking for is:

1) To provide the first service for free
or
2) Extend the warranty for free

Thanks everyone in advance.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Some clothing, boots or a helmet perhaps?

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
you can ask all you would like, hell I think I would ask for a million bucks so you can take the bike off of their hands. Now what they give you well thats another story

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dova80 said:
you can ask all you would like, hell I think I would ask for a million bucks so you can take the bike off of their hands. Now what they give you well thats another story
umm... yeah.. thanks for the creative thinking.

i tried the transporation and setup but.. what i've found is i can choose one thing.. maybe. well.. looks like theres not much i can do. i'm so excited though i think im developing an ulcer.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
the point of my post was that I doubt you will get much if anything for free. But then again it will depend on the dealer... Good luck with it either way

I would suggest not getting an ulcer that way you are able to ride when your rolling art does arrive. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are not stocking them.. they have to be ordered.
So mine should arrive next week.. but i wont know till next week around what day.
I'll let you guys know when i know.
I would like to be there when the truck gets there to take pictures of the whole thing.

·
Registered
358 Posts
netizen said:
... but i'm hoping that someone out there has some piece of advice that can save me some money. If so.. would you be so kind as to let me in on the secret?
I got the racing tail pipes & center pipe with EPROM (~ $2200) thrown in free with the F4 because it was the end of the month and the dealer needed to move one more bike to make his quota. Also got 10% off the Marchesini wheels as part of the deal. They actually called me on June 29 to offer me the deal since I'd been in there the week before.

Maybe you could stall until the end of the month? Act like you're waffling, and make 'em sweat. :devilsmok

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Did you not have to agree a price before they'd order it for you?

Bear in mind you're more likely to get a deal on something that's worth considerably less to them than it is to you. For example, they may take (for example) only 20% mark-up on a helmet, exhaust or whatever, but will make about 75% on the cost of a service. (Unless they really do pay mechanics $60 an hour..) So by saving you (for example $400) on a service, it's only costing them perhaps $100, as opposed to costing them $300 on a helmet that'd save you $400.

Si

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Personally i don't really care how much they are saving versus their cost on whatever they decide to discount for me. Ultimately I care about how much I wont have to spend. If they normally charge $600 for a first service and they decide to throw it in or provide free extended warranty which would normally cost me $500.. i'll take the free service even though they are losing less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts