MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out for a ride yesterday, minding my own business, going the speed limit, got pulled over by the local Fuzz. When the officer came up to my SPR I lifted my visor and said "Good afternoon officer." He said "I pulled you over because you were weaving through traffice back there. I asked him if my "Lane changes" were done in an unsafe manner and he said "no." I asked him if he saw my signals and he said "yes." I then pulled off my helmet and he realized I was almost old enough to be his father. He asked to see my license, registration, and proof of insurance. When he saw 4 bikes listed on my insurance he was stupid enough to ask "Have you been riding long?" I said "Yes, quite a while." He then told me that he doesn't ride but wanted to caution me about how car drivers can't see bikes very well and I should be more careful changing lanes. I asked him again if I had changed lanes in an unsafe manner. He said no...again. Evidently he was bored and though he was going to lecture some young kid about the evils of motorcycling. Thank God he didn't see me a few minutes prior when I was having real fun :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats a great story, I dont usually get off so easy. I always get the lecture, followed up by the I dont want to be the one scrapping you up off the highway. Although my favorite question is "Have you been riding long" I usually try not to chuckle! :) Great story, glad you came away unscathed!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
nice one.... better a bored cop looking for conversation than a poor county looking to fund some new street signs. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Nice...Close call!

BTW, the correct answer to the "have you been riding long?" question is..."Uhhhh, lets see...What time is it?" :p

Glad you dodged the LEO for today...

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
125 Posts
Passing the 'attitude test' saved me twice:

I was a prime target riding my zx7r in a bit of a messy condition (no fairing sides) after a minor crash sand they must have stopped me hoping to find the bike unsafe. I remember reading that you should always switch off, get off, remove your helmet and say no more than "Hi" until they speak to you. Well the bike was OK cos I wouldn't have been on it otherwise but they did let me off with a 'questionable number plate' They don't like small plates here!

Second time was in a car...at night, in a city I'd never been to before and I was genuinely lost and not sure of the speed limit. It looked like a 40mph zone and everyone else was doing 40mph but it was actually a 30mph zone. I just said as little as possible when they bundled me into a cop car and asked why I was speeding. I think it was right to let me go cos it was an easy mistake and I later found out that that road WAS a 40zone before they reduced it only a matter of weeks previously!!!

Discretion is the better part of valor with the boys in blue - you might need a clean licence so there's room for a high number of points when they catch you really shifting along!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I was also stopped in Belgium on my way to Spa by an unmarked Alfa Romeo, no way out, he was writting the ticket before I got out of the car, £90 :jsm: even had a card machine on board in case I had no cash!

When I rang home later that night the first thing the wife said was 'what have you been up to today?' the twats had even rung her up asking some nonsense about lost luggage?? never got to the bottom of that one :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts