MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,573 Posts
Cindy picked up the new skids for the snow blower today. When I leave work in an hour or so, I'll head home and install those bad-boys in the blinding snow. Tomorrow morninng, I'll get up at 4 am so I can clear my, and my direct neighbor's driveways before I head to work for 0630. When I get home from that 13 hour shift, I'll tidy up from whatever happens tomorrow after 6 am.

Oh, the prediction is from 12 to 18 inches of fluffy-like-bunny snow.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
It's gonna be cold in Bubbatown (18F) but no snow.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
It's gonna be cold in Bubbatown (18F) but no snow.
Chatted with my daughter tonight. Gonna be -8 in Upstate NY tonight, but the snow is staying southeast of her along the coast. Be safe all you coastal people. :)

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
I thought it was warming up over there.Another cold snap eh!:freezing:More pictures please and stay safe.
Not for the moment Mitch. I don't know if I'm just way more focused on the weather as I get older, but this winter the extremes seem more extreme.

In North Georgia, normal low temps for late January are 34F. Last night it was 17F, which is pretty darn cold, but not nearly as bad as the 5F temps of a couple of weeks ago.

Elsewhere in the Midwest and Northeast, they are once again getting HAMMERED by massive snow storms, extremely high winds, and cold weather.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,571 Posts
I was out doing test rides yesterday in Marietta on the new Suzuki DL1000.....good thing I own a Roadcrafter suit and other cold weather gear...

Anyway, the air temp gauge on the meter varied from -1C to 3C during the day.....there is an interesting idiot light on the dash depicting a snowflake. It's to warn the rider that ice may be present on the roads....I think it means "IDIOT...it's too damn cold to ride!" It was on all day.

Sad thing is Monday was near 70 F ...but the bikes weren't ready!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
39F this morning. Time to dig out the Gerbings and plug in!

·
Super Moderator
25,573 Posts
7 degrees as we speak.
Mitch, I got a new camera for Christmas and I'm going out in the sunshine today to takes some pics of the snow. I'll post some up when I figure it all out.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
I was out doing test rides yesterday in Marietta on the new Suzuki DL1000.....good thing I own a Roadcrafter suit and other cold weather gear...

Anyway, the air temp gauge on the meter varied from -1C to 3C during the day.....there is an interesting idiot light on the dash depicting a snowflake. It's to warn the rider that ice may be present on the roads....I think it means "IDIOT...it's too damn cold to ride!" It was on all day.

Sad thing is Monday was near 70 F ...but the bikes weren't ready!
They give you hazard pay for that Ed? :freezing:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'm about halfway down the coast and it hasn't been too great here either. Monday I think I saw it hit 58F and by Tuesday night we had 8-10" of snow and it was single digits. The only saving grace is that its so cold that the snow stays powdery and light, easier to shovel that way. We've had worse winters with much more snow, but I can't recall this many single digit days. Wednesday morning when I left for work it was 6F this morning it was a much warmer 9 degrees!

·
Vendor
5,867 Posts
I'm about halfway down the coast and it hasn't been too great here either. Monday I think I saw it hit 58F and by Tuesday night we had 8-10" of snow and it was single digits. The only saving grace is that its so cold that the snow stays powdery and light, easier to shovel that way. We've had worse winters with much more snow, but I can't recall this many single digit days. Wednesday morning when I left for work it was 6F this morning it was a much warmer 9 degrees!
Holy crap,now thats:freezing:

·
Registered
14,740 Posts
5:30 PM 63F :)

next week the forecast is for almost 80F :drummer:

fuck rain and snow......it impairs riding:wtf:

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
5:30 PM 63F :)

next week the forecast is for almost 80F :drummer:

fuck rain and snow......it impairs riding:wtf:
You guys are in a major drought/wild fire alert, yes?

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I like a nice sunny day for riding however, I have had some great rides in bad conditions.

Not on a Freeway mind but a 100 mile dash through the mountains of Connemara in Biblical rain is memorable.a cacophony of water..as was another ride I did through Snowdonia NorthWales in a blizzard...Six bikes threading their way along a deserted mountain pass in a crazy snow storm is quite something to see and be part of ...Running through the back lanes of Leicestershire on the F4 in eerie fog in the early hours...
Purring along in the lanes with all the hedges covered in frost on Christmas Eve at Midnight and turning a corner to see a medieval church , windows lit up like a magical lantern ...I could go on..

I like these things..

joe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.