MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my first issue after 2k miles on the F3. I was riding when all of a sudden the bike dies. No error codes on the dash. I pull to a stop and notice a very strong fuel smell. I then noticed that the bike was spewing fuel from the fuel line running between the pump and injectors. It simply came undone. There is really no way for them to come loose if they are properly clicked into place. I guess I can consider myself lucky it lasted 2k miles to come apart. I am assuming my dealer didn't get it fully in place when putting the battery in it when I bought it new last March. Luckily I could see the disconnect and fix it on the side of the road. Just be on the lookout.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm shocked that it didnt come undone when the bike primed. I've not put mine together all the way a few times and the second I turned the key my leg was soaked.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm shocked that it didnt come undone when the bike primed. I've not put mine together all the way a few times and the second I turned the key my leg was soaked.
I am going to try and secure the fuel line together to prevent this from happening again. Fuel soaked jeans and boots are no fun.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The fuel line should have been disconnected at the 600 mile service if they balanced your throttle bodies as per the maintenance schedule.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The fuel line should have been disconnected at the 600 mile service if they balanced your throttle bodies as per the maintenance schedule.

Good luck with that......

If the dealer balanced the throttles on mine at the 600 mile service I'd like to know how they thought balanced meant 'no 1 screwed shut...'

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well this problem happened again to me yesterday. I was riding home from work and the fuel line popped off again spraying fuel on my left foot and engine cover. Somehow the line won't stay clicked into place. I am going to have to get creative of securing them together. May have to contact the dealer for a part replacement.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Well this problem happened again to me yesterday. I was riding home from work and the fuel line popped off again spraying fuel on my left foot and engine cover. Somehow the line won't stay clicked into place. I am going to have to get creative of securing them together. May have to contact the dealer for a part replacement.
Replacement part mate, don't mess around with this shit.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replacement part mate, don't mess around with this shit.
Planned on it since riding season is almost over. I will contact the dealer to see if I can just get them to send me the part under warranty. I hate driving over 2 hours for a job I can do myself in half that time.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts

Is this leak at the line to injector rail union ?

joe

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The connector comes apart where the pump line connects to the injector line.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I contacted the dealer and they are definitely going to warranty the fuel line. They just have to see what side of the connector is bad (pump or injector). I am also getting my tank and gear position sensor replaced under warranty. My tank just started showing signs of deforming after 2500 miles and 18 months of ownership. The GPS has been progressively getting worse over time as well. Glad riding season is almost over.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had this happen to me today. Riding surface roads in traffic, suddenly bike is dead. Smelled fuel and spotted it dripping from under the tank. I saw that the fuel line connector had come apart - clicked back into place and started right up.

Were you able to get this fixed? Is there a known issue with the fuel line, will MV replace it even though out of warranty?

Glad I wasn't doing 80 mph on the highway!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts