MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Senna arrived yesterday - I am overjoyed, to say the least :)

A few first impressions:
  • The shifter and rear-break pedal are REALLY narrow. Does anyone have problems with these? I am a big guy, with big feet - these things seem almost insignificantly narrow and easy to miss. In fact, I worry about scratching up the fairing while jamming on the shifter/rbreak. Is it just something you need to get used to? Am i being paranoid? Anyone do anything to change this fact?
  • Do you find neutral hard to find? The bike is BRAND new and hasn't been broken in yet, AND I had the dealer install a GP-shift kit before I even touched the bike - so it could be any number of things, but the resistance between 1st & 2nd was such that it took several attempts to finally knock it into neutral. Perhaps it's the reverse-shift cylinder? Or is it just me?
  • Is there no helmet lock on this thing? I have yet to fully RTFM, but nothing obvious jumped out at me.
Overall, she is a beauty and I can't wait for the miserable weather to pass so I can get out there and break her in. The fender integrator does wonders for the bike IMHO.

I have the first rough set of pics here:
http://www.jfcinnovations.com/misc/senna/1stday/

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Congrats on the Senna, beautiful bike. The Transmission is a bit notchy at first, but I think it is just a wearing in issue. Mine has progressively gotten better as I've put some miles on. Haven't had much of a problem with the shifters with my size 11 e's.
And no, there is no helmet lock that I have been able to find.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You lucky lucky guy. If it so cold how come you are in a tee shirt?
As for the pegs, yes you will get used to it.
As for the shifter it may be the reverse shifter fitted, it should be easy to find neutral, but they do get better with use.
No there is no helmet lock, the Italians don't worry about such things. I stole a little cable from my Honda CBR race bike which came with it.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The Senna is one beautiful machine. :smoking: Many congratulations on your new purchase Jimmy. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MVASyd said:
You lucky lucky guy. If it so cold how come you are in a tee shirt?
Haha, very perceptive of you. I had the bike shipped to me at the office, and when I received the phone call that it had arrived I was in a meeting near the ground floor and just bolted outside, rather than go up to the 18th floor where my desk (and jacket) is.

:love: Sheer excitement kept me warm, though :love:

MVASyd said:
As for the pegs, yes you will get used to it.
I figured that I would, but have any of you marked up your fairings during that process? Anyone on this forum actually replaced/lengthened the posts?

Thanks to all for the warm wishes, now I just need the warm weather - It's snowing outside right now! :cussing:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Congrats SpeedRacer....

Do you work by Bloomies? I'm just sorta guessing. Been a while since I've been to NY. thought the container store was near there....

ANYWAY..... get outta the way and take some more pics. :stickpoke

:drummer: :guitarist :yo:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TokyoLunch said:
Do you work by Bloomies? I'm just sorta guessing. Been a while since I've been to NY. thought the container store was near there....
WOW! :wtf: NYC is huge, complete with many a Container Store - but yes, you picked out the correct one. The photos's were taken on 58th between 3rd and Lex, just one block from Bloomingdales.

That builiding in the background with the Container Store in it is actually my office building (corporate office from the 2nd floor on up), and it couldn't have been that long since you've been to NY, as the building is not even 2 years old!

TokyoLunch said:
ANYWAY..... get outta the way and take some more pics. :stickpoke
You know, for someone observant enough to pick out my exact location from a generic city shot, you seemed to have missed the reference to a URL for more pics in my post:

Regardless, I'll stand aside and post another one here: :later:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
SpeedRacer said:
WOW! :wtf: NYC is huge, complete with many a Container Store - but yes, you picked out the correct one. The photos's were taken on 58th between 3rd and Lex, just one block from Bloomingdales.

That builiding in the background with the Container Store in it is actually my office building (corporate office from the 2nd floor on up), and it couldn't have been that long since you've been to NY, as the building is not even 2 years old!

You know, for someone observant enough to pick out my exact location from a generic city shot, you seemed to have missed the reference to a URL for more pics in my post:

Regardless, I'll stand aside and post another one here: :later:

HAHA! I love it.... touche.... (if i could get that funny french apostrophe in there, i would....) OK, i didn't see the pics link quick enough. haha.

I did live in the NYC metro for 5 years (4 in Jersey city, 1 in east village). so i was cheating a bit.... but yeah, it's been a couple years since being in NYC.... still waiting for that biz trip! :jerkoff:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Congrats. If you ever ride in Southern CT give us notice. Decent sized MV posse in Fairfield County. This ice storm is just a small speed bump. We will be riding soon :f4:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congratulations on that Senna #188. It is beautiful.

I am sure you are glad they delivered it yesterday, instead of today :jsm:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Beautiful bike! Congrats. I had the same feeling about the rear brake on my F4...haven't done anything about it yet but probably will. I didn't feel the shifter was too narrow though. Ride safe and enjoy the new toy!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts