·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
I think the white marks are from the gravel/litter from the side of the track. I didn't dust it down before I took the pic. Plus when the rear set went west, it lowered the bike onto the tarmac more. You know, the rear set raised it off the ground a little more, It provided a lift point, until it broke off......

I don't think there are sliders that will save all of your fairings from being scratched up or marked in the advent of a low side, unless you have the perfect crash.......

The only way I think you could prevent the bottom from scratching up like that is if you do more fairing cutting, and add a SATO Engine Slider on the right side (I have the SATO engine sliders both sides and am getting the fairings cut to suit). So when laying the bike down on its side, the bike will be propped up by its rear set, frame slider, engine slider and handle bar end weight.

Really, I think it is wishful thinking you could possibly crash without damaging your fairing. I'm talking crashing, not bike falling over, or traffic pace low side. But I could be wrong, just ask my ex wife :naughty:

What I was thankful for, was saving my frame from grinding into the black top. Believe me, I have seen how the frame gets damaged from wearing through the fairing on a low side, and if I was buying a pre loved F4, I would be checking for this type of damage.

Same with the SATO engine sliders. Damage to the engine casings would be obvious, and expensive to replace.

What I liked about the GSG is that they are large and robust, and stuck out a fair way.

Nothing cheap about laying an MV over, but fixing/replacing fairing damage is cheaper than remedying the frame and engine damage.

This all my humble opinion, and I hope helps you a little :)

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
Rob gets it right....the function of the frame slider is to prevent damage to THE FRAME. These pucks, from the pictures anyway, look like they could even go under the fairing side panels...maybe not, but it looks that way. If a "slider" hooks up with the pavement, it will stress whatever component it is attached to and more than likely flip the bike...THAT causes allot of damage.
I have been looking for under the fairing pucks since the likelihood of hooking up with anything is minimal...and fairings are cheep comparatively.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Rommeld there are so many options availible if you are looking for fairing protection, right here on the forum.
http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agusta_Frame_Engine_Sliders

Frame protection is the main thing to me, fairing protection is just a added bonus.
Here's a old shot of something I cooked up, same as Rob's, works well. If you're worried about your fairings, get a race set or don't ride your bike.

On this one you can see the fairing top is gone from the highside, but on the side where it almost scraped through to the radiator, the radiator was fine because the frame slider took some of the pressure I think.

Chuck, R&G makes a nice set of under fairing sliders.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
Thanks Dons! The more I see R&G gear, the more I like it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great comments guys. Indeed I have the change the idea in my mind what these sets can prevent. Indeed you guys are right that it should protect the frame/engine of the bike instead of the fairings.

I will see a bit around what to take.
My thoughts now:
- Higher sliders on the side fairing will prevent a bit of fairing damage, but will increase the chance of flipping over and doing more damage (or bending the part they are connected to).
- Lower sliders will prevent the flipping and bending of parts, but it is a guarantee that your fairing is fucked after the crash, so I would need cheap race fairings.

Will sleep about it a bit. Will be driving on the circuit at least 2 days this year (and following years) so it might be worth the money...

·
Registered
23 Posts
All right gentlemen. I strongly believe that the F4 deserves the track as she would come into her right element there.
Now, my question is(as I`ve already gotten GSG:s full set, a LH side Engine cover and fairings) where do I find Sato engine covers for the RH side? I cannot seem to find any european dealer?
I have noticed that they are the only engine protection available for RH side.
As I intend to compete a little, apart from trackdays, I will need it. I am not imagining I will stay upright all the time. Any suggestions?
Other suggestions on needful things for racing are more than welcome. For example, a fairing stay? Where do I find that?
Any help on finding things are appreciated. Preferrably from Europe, as custom in Sweden will be fairly expensive...
And of course, model and year is F4 1000R -12.
TYIA

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
All right gentlemen. I strongly believe that the F4 deserves the track as she would come into her right element there.
Now, my question is(as I`ve already gotten GSG:s full set, a LH side Engine cover and fairings) where do I find Sato engine covers for the RH side? I cannot seem to find any european dealer?
I have noticed that they are the only engine protection available for RH side.
As I intend to compete a little, apart from trackdays, I will need it. I am not imagining I will stay upright all the time. Any suggestions?
Other suggestions on needful things for racing are more than welcome. For example, a fairing stay? Where do I find that?
Any help on finding things are appreciated. Preferrably from Europe, as custom in Sweden will be fairly expensive...
And of course, model and year is F4 1000R -12.
TYIA
have you tried satoracing.com directly ?

cheers

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
maybe the issue is delivery to Sweden.... they responded quickly to me, but i did provide a US address ?

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
I know Chris, at X-bikes, a forum sponsor, was doing fairing stays of high quality. I have one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Probably the address. I do expect they will answer though. First trackday is 17 april, so I still have some time.
Will contact X-bikes and see what they have. Nothing they are marketing it seems, but they might still have it.

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
I would also try the other forum sponsors.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
J-O, why don't you start a new thread in the "On the Track" section, explain that you have a Y10+ F4, and see what come's up. There is a big difference between your bike and the pre-2010 bikes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Right, thanks all so far.
I`ll take your advice and do so Donsy.

And, yes, I have noticed that there are a few differences and that there is a problem to find stuff for the newer ones. to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Right, thanks all so far.
I`ll take your advice and do so Donsy.

And, yes, I have noticed that there are a few differences and that there is a problem to find stuff for the newer ones. to say the least.
Cool, I figured the guys tracking the new bikes should get something going.:yo:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts