MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Been reading through the forum over the past week in anticipation of buying a F3, it's extremely informative and seems to be a good group of people willing to help each other all over the globe! Even after the 22 pages of known issues, I am still determined to get one!

Test rode both the 675 & 800 at Peter Stevens Melbourne on the weekend and can't decide which one to get!

Also spotted this white F3 675 on eBay, was wondering if the owner is a member here or if anyone else knows the bike? The bike is up in Queensland so won't get a chance to inspect or test ride the bike.

Link

Otherwise, will have to work up my negotiation skills and buy a brand new one! :laughing:

Cheers,
Dave

· Super Moderator
25,965 Posts
Welcome Dave!

There are many owners and forum mebers in Aussie. I'm sure someone will be along to give you a rundown on buying that which you seek!

I know if it were me looking, I'd go for the 800...but, then again, I am 6'2" and a solid 245 US Pounds of meat.

· Registered
570 Posts
I own a 675 and i love my ride deeply. We make beautiful music together. I got one of the 1st red and silver ones to hit the shores of the states. I must have gotten a Wednesday bike becouse I never experienced 99 percent of the issues others had. Ive had all the updates done by the dealer. I have not had my gear indicator checked out becouse it works as it should. Its a great machine full of technology that some or most will never use. If I was in the market I must say I would be all over the 800. It comes with a slipper clutch. Has another handful of ponies and torque but is the same size dimension wise bike I believe. It has gotten great reviews from some ex and current racers out there. One even stated he would put it on the grid in the 1000 class any day. But at the end of the day the decision is ultimately yours bro. Welcome to the family and may you have a pleasant buying experience.

· Registered
115 Posts
I have the 800. Why? Because i did not want to take the chance of disappointment fuelled by the apparent issues with the 675. I am a small guy..174 cm and probably less than 70kg, so the compact design of the F3 suits me beautifully, and yes it has the same dimensions as the 675. I have not had one problem with the 800. Costs an extra handful of dollars, but then you get extra bang for your buck. Having said all that, you could probably get a good deal on the 675 now and if i were you i would buy new so you have peace of mind when the 675 issues do raise their heads. Whatever way....it will be a glorious ride, they are simply very satisfying bikes.

· Registered
270 Posts
I love my 675, its had a couple of problems (none related to fueling) but I put that down as part of the MV experience. They all dissapear out on the road, generally on the first corner.
I would also suggest buying new regardless of which F3 you pick, for peace of mind if things don't work. That and picking up your brand new MV is one of those put this experience in a box moments

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi Dave, I have an early 675 and the fuelling issues were fixed a year ago. Since then it's been awesome, I haven't ridden the 800 but around here - on my favourite roads - I think the major difference between the 675 and 800 will be the tyre wear. I've got almost 3000kms out of my supercorsa's - at about 60% wear - the guys I ride with (mainly Jap 1000cc bikes) struggle to get 2500kms out of them. Agree with ACT MV regards buying new as well.

· Registered
178 Posts
I too am contemplating a 675 purchase. My local dealer has one that had a new motor installed after a complete engine failure. I do not remember what the failure was but the bike has 3K miles and the motor about 100 miles. I have been riding Ducati for about 24 years with the singular exception of a 2000 F4S. I loved to look at the bike but did not enjoy it. Way too heavy and would actually slow down if you opened the throttle too quickly below 6K rpm. It is gone now and I just chalked it up to being a twins kind of guy.

Now the F3 is just so pretty I am getting weak. How does it compare to say an air cooled 1000 Ducati or a 916 when it comes to roll on? I will only use it for street riding on local roads and an occasional trip to the local mountains. I found my F4S too frustrating because if I kept it down on rpm it would fall on its face and above 8K rpm the power delivery was too frantic. As I said I am used to twins so it is a perception thing. Anyone with experience who could enlighten me as to how it would feel to me would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on taking a test ride but the weather has been non cooperative with my schedule.

Jim

· Registered
504 Posts
Jim, since I own both a 900SS and an F3 675, I feel qualified to express an opinion on these bikes. For a relaxing ride, go for the Ducati, but for an exciting ride the MV is the tool of choice. It handles like the new-generation bike it is - transitions are effortless and it just loves to go around corners. Downside? It's not a bike to poke around on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.