MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Anyone know the proper torque settings for the weighted motivation bar ends? It's MY2010.

Only thing I came across was 2NM, is that right? Seems low...

Thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey guys,

Anyone know the proper torque settings for the weighted motivation bar ends? It's MY2010.

Only thing I came across was 2NM, is that right? Seems low...

Thanks!
Torque?? tighten until they don't spin;) but what do I know, I just ripped the well nut apart on one of mine.:stickpoke

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I've learned my lesson in trying to tighten things to what I think is reasonable rather than what the manufacturer recommends. I have had one too many broken off bolts and such. Finally said NO MORE and got myself some good torque wrenches. The MV is still pristine and I am not going to make the mistakes I have made on other bikes in the past.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never mind.....

I didn't realize the motivation bar ends came with some brass fittings that pretty much replace the rubber well nut that comes stock. Guess it doesn't really matter about the torque all that much now since I dont' have to worry about destroying the rubber well nut.

As a side note.....I can't believe a crappy little rubber well nut holds in the stock bar ends...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts