MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A Veltro track rat.

Some of you may remember the thread a while ago about doing a Veltro Replica. I'm doing it! Actually, Chuck is doing it and will be posting pictures of the progress.

Base bike is an '02 750. BST rims, Pirelli slicks, Marzocchi RAC50 front forks and Brembo radial calipers, a power commander and quick shifter, RG3 exhaust and the race headers and midpipe are the modifications to the bike.

Wish Chuck luck.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Carl, you do realize that the closer we get to the NFL season the more likely it is that Chuck will be inspired by this design and that's pretty much what you'll end up with........:ahhh:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Dead nuts is going to be quite a chore. You can do it Chuck. "More beer Carl".

·
Registered
814 Posts
Can't wait to see this, gonna be awesome!!!

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Carl, has he started that thread yet?

·
Super Moderator
22,661 Posts
More detail in the OTHER thread...

This is a shot of the pseudo-final edition. Finished up in short order so Carl could get to the track. I'll be fixing the issues listed in the other thread and clearcoating before Bub III....

IMG_0250r.jpg

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You should see thr track pics! I'll buy the photos from the photographer. The bike looks amzing at speed.

·
Super Moderator
22,661 Posts
Cool to hear! I have fromulated the "fix" plan in my head. Now, we'll just have to figure out the "when".

·
Super Moderator
22,661 Posts
I'll know more of my schedule after tomorrow's proficiency watch....

·
Super Moderator
22,661 Posts
A little up date for those who have asked...

The biggest stumbling block is the air box decal. I have come alot closer and I'm looking for opinions here. I believe if we have white printed underneath the green and red stripes, then the colors will appear bright when placed on the Carbon Fiber. My designer is working on this today...Carl? Ade? What do you think?

Original Veltro Air Box Decals:

IMG_2717r.jpg
Veltro%20Airbox%20Decal%20(Cropped).jpg

The new prototype with comments:

IMG_0503TEXTr.jpg
IMG_0504TEXTr.jpg

Keep in mind I simply stuck the decal to my 312R Carbon Fiber Injector cover for a reference. The actual decals will come on professional transfer paper as follows for the perfect install:

IMG_0506r.jpg

·
Super Moderator
22,661 Posts
Ade's opinion was right...they weren't good enough for me...

The first batch simulated the CF look and didn't have the right look when applied. This batch is transparent and will show the actual CF through the decal... better IMHO...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts