MV Agusta Forum banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
WOW, that is a radiator!! Looks just Stunning though.

Did you contact the rad manufacturer about the fairing issue, it seems a little odd it does not fit? Your say you cut the fairings? Scary!
It's not unusual (although disappointing), I've had large rads on a few bikes and they all needed 'WSB' style fairings, meaning the fairings were altered to accommodate the larger radiator in WSB for example. The sporting regs for the silhouette class is +/- 15mm

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The racing water pump should be bolt on . BUT they did make a bad run of water pumps that didn't fit . Have the seller check the serial number. I had the same problem when I upgraded my 2007 MV F41000R . I returned it for anouther race water pump and it bolted right up . I also installed race water pump on my 2012 F4RR and it bolted right up ..

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I was just visiting my bike.
Never really understood why the water pump didn’t fit. Something about the pipe. Not sure.

The headers from Bodis connects in a different way right underneath the bike so we have to cut the right fairing panel for it to fit.
Is this common for Bodis system? Or isn’t it correct mounted??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I was just visiting my bike.
Never really understood why the water pump didn’t fit. Something about the pipe. Not sure.
I remember the standard water pipe did fit, but the spring clip did not. But like you I changed to Samco hoses so used the Samco clips.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I remember mine being tucked in tighter to the sump, can you try loosening everything at the head and adjusting again before tightening? It seems like something might be rotated or angled slightly.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I can’t do anything, the bike is 1000km away from me. :frown2:

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Can't wait. This has been a long project.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Hi Nicholas, you installed hi performance headers correct? They might be a bit longer than stock and the reason the hang down a bit.Also hard to tell depth in a picture. Good luck keep us posted . I upgraded my f4rr to F4rc spec + Bodis header . it Flys Looking forward to seeing your project when its completed.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Bike is done. I’m picking it up this Saturday.

How much should one expect in HP and Nm from a stock F4RC?
A motor that claims 212hp and leaves 184rwhp is pretty bad.

Mine left, full stock(205hp motor) without MV race kit/ECU, 175rwhp in the first run back in 2017.
It had 1.280km on the ODO back then. 998cc.....

It now has 1161cc motor BUT STILL CAN’T MAKE OVER 200RWHP!!!!???

Clearly there has to be something wrong or am I mistaking??

Isn’t a flashed R1M with full Acra system leaving ~197rwhp?? Or even sometimes more than 200??(depending on dyno bench)

This operation cost more than the entire motorcycle and I’m a bit disappointed.

Sure, it’s the most insane ever MV Agusta right now but there was a old 1133cc big bore Brutale that could show 211rwhp.

It has PowerCommander5. Maybe it should be changed??

I don’t know what more I can do. =\

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
The DC water pump fitted mine perfectly, really nice job. All of the gen 2 F4's have the same water pump, from the Std to the RC. When you say it did not fit, what is the problem? Have they sent you the correct F4 water pump?
I’m going to try and fit the pump back in Sweden.
If nobody understand how to - I’ll drive all the way to England.

I really hope it’s the correct one.

·
Administrator
21,041 Posts
It has PowerCommander5. Maybe it should be changed??

I don’t know what more I can do. =\
YES.....a PowerCommander can only change injector duration (fuel). You need ignition timing changes. What you need is a Microtec ECU, not a dumb piggy-back system like the PCV.

I would think this would have been one of the first changes you would make...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
for the RC in question, it has the newer ECU system with DBW, there isn't a microtec for the 2013+ bikes that I am aware of. You'll need at minimum the ECU studio software to properly tune this, but for something of this level I'd be looking to a specialty tuner that is willing to add a motec M150 or similar WSBK electronics. Half measure lead to half results.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Thank you for your replies.

The final result as of today is: 201rwhp.

It’s good, but there may be room for more.

I will definitely look at WSBK electronics.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
It'll only be as good as the tuner, but a good value is the Moto America Motec ECU kit. It is derivative of the BSB control ecu but has a few more features unlocked. It would be a matter of getting someone to make you a harness and see about tuning it. The ECU studio software seems to be well received, but I don't have any personal experience with it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
It'll only be as good as the tuner, but a good value is the Moto America Motec ECU kit. It is derivative of the BSB control ecu but has a few more features unlocked. It would be a matter of getting someone to make you a harness and see about tuning it. The ECU studio software seems to be well received, but I don't have any personal experience with it.
In terms of control ECU Studio will provide control over all the fuel ignition etc so can be mapped completely. Bare in mind the Eldor ECU is load based, so I'd expect better performance from the Flashed Eldor than from a PC5 piggyback.

The advantage / disadvantage of the Motec is getting it set up correctly, engine braking and TC needs to be created from scratch as there wont be F4 templates :) Results will be good, just expect a longer development time compared to flashing the existing ECU.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts