MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

Thought I'd share with you the latest updates. I figure you all probably don't really give a crap, but hey, who cares? :naughty:

Good ol' Al at Design Corse (site sponsor) is responsible for the CF parts, great guy & service wasn't too bad either !!

She now sports the following 'enhancements' ;-
  • CF Instrument cover
  • CF Key guard
  • CF Air intakes
  • CF Rear seat
  • CF Heel guards
  • CF Heat shields
  • CF Rear hugger
  • CF Upper & lower chain guard
  • Smoked lenses for indicators
  • Melotti Racing Parts tail tidy (number plate holder)
  • Rizoma Limit Naked mirrors
Not sure what you think, but I love it !!!
:brutale:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Nice Carbon....looking good!!
Like the photography with the palm trees too.

·
Administrator
20,390 Posts
Many of the same carbon bits I bought...your bike looks very nice. Now you need to go for the tail section...and the front fender support if you can find one....finally the oil cooler cover (that's the last bit for me...but $$$).

·
Registered
131 Posts
agreed that the tail piece is essential since u already did all that carbonizing. Ok, well the wheels too might need some carbon.

I have a 910r & she wishes she could look like yours. Great job!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Looking sweet Dan, now you just need some performance enhancing parts...much better value for money! Get rid of the cat, get the corse pipes, change the eprom, replace the front discs...now ya talking!! ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Nice work Dan - she looks stunning

·
Registered
786 Posts
Looks lovely. Im slowly working my way there too. I have carbon intakes, clock and key surround.

By the way, the air intakes could look better.

When i got mine (cheap bestem Carbon - I highly rate btw) The mesh was flat too. Get a hard spherical object and slowly work the mesh from the inside with it until you have shaped it into a convex shape similar to the originals.

If i'd paid three times the price for some expensive carbon parts I'd be pissed if they didn't even press the mesh into a shape similar to the originals.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks lovely. Im slowly working my way there too. I have carbon intakes, clock and key surround.

By the way, the air intakes could look better.

When i got mine (cheap bestem Carbon - I highly rate btw) The mesh was flat too. Get a hard spherical object and slowly work the mesh from the inside with it until you have shaped it into a convex shape similar to the originals.

If i'd paid three times the price for some expensive carbon parts I'd be pissed if they didn't even press the mesh into a shape similar to the originals.
i believe only Mv Corse carbon Item has the Mesh Shaped into a convex, i also have bought the same Air intakes and just fitted them a few days ago the fit and finish is just brilliant. IMO i dont think it even requires the Shaping and looks great unless your really anal regarding shaping it, i would leave it as i have left mine.

Each to their own at the end of the day.

P.S. I had a set of Bestem carbon Heel Plates & Exhaust shields and the fit & finish was really poor, also there not 100% carbon but mixed carbon with fibre glass i believe thats why their cheap IMO.

James

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys for the kind words. As for the whole "rolling the mesh" thing, I think you'd need to be a little anal to notice. I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
As much as I dont wont to admit it, but bruatle's are starting to grow on me....especially this one.
Nice work.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Hey Dan,
I hope "project cabonize" didn't take too much of an assault after today's Muster.
There's plenty of new bits available to make it all a distant memory.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ha! you're quick.

Actually, there's very little wrong with the bike (thankfully). The largest is the glass came off the headlight. All CF bits are fine, no scratches!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts