MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought CAG's 06' Brutale back in December just before Christmas and have been working on restoring it to being street worthy. Here are a few before and after pics. All that is left is to get my rear wheel back from powder coating and awaiting the headlight assembly. There are a few mods I have installed on it to satisfy my taste.

Arrow Steering Stablizer
Arrow CF Thunder Exhaust
PC3 (needs tuning)
BMC Air Filter
CF Tank Pad
CF Side Guards
CF Key Guard (waiting arrival)
CF Tail Piece (waiting arrival)
Clear Alternatives Brake Light with Integrated Turn Signals
Rear Sets (waiting arrival)
New Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's
Fresh Paint Job
New Chain
Frame Sliders (waiting arrival)
Reupholstered Rear Seat with Black Vinyl

Attachments

·
Banned
112 Posts
I'don't like the Arrow thunder..MV Corse/motocorse titanium F1 forever...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I hadn't fallen in love with the looks of the Thunder, I would have gone with the Arrow Dual Silencer Ti version instead.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Love the Black, I've thought of doing that a number of times:)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of doing a blue and grey theme, but I don't think it would look as good in person as it does on paper. The black just apealed to me as I have never owned a black bike and I thought it would look menacing.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Damn, that looks good. I love the stubby Arrow. Why did you get the CF and not the titanium?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I personally prefer CF or Ti, plus it won't melt your boots.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was doing a black with carbon fiber theme, and thought that the exhaust would mesh well with the looks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
black is cool especially when its full CF from Tank up to the Tail Piece. cool bike indeed

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Love to see a blacked out bike, looks great, keep us updated with more photo's!

Any thoughts about powerder coating the wheels black as well?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I think the black wheels would be too much. I'll post more pictures when she's ready for prime time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There you go!

I've got the Arrow Thunder exhaust too, also in CF. My wife saw pictures of other forum members with my paint scheme (black tank, red frame) who also had Arrow shorties and said the black of the CF balances a bit better, but both look great. So, I'm in there with your choice!

Also, the Thunder is worlds away better for foot placement on the pegs for me...I tend to ride on the balls of my feet, and the stock exhausts pushed my heel WAY out; uncomfortable! I had to adjust my riding position until I got the Thunder. Mucho better! :yo:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I might purchase a set of the Marchesini wheels in the future or a set of the Brembo's on the R version and poweder coat them silver. Need to pay off the credit card first before I can do that though.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
The exhaust is nice! I'm a fan of the stubby exhaust designs these days, although i can't argue that against blue titanium pipes ;)

Very VERY nice brutale you got going there, looks splendid

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now that the rear wheel is on all that is left is the headlight assembly. Here are a few picks of the bike taken this morning.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts