MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Seems to be a reoccurring theme.....

They better figure out a way to sell more bikes in N.A. Or it going to go the way of the dinosaur here.

A sufficient amount of people required are not going to by bikes they have to drive 5 hours or more to get serviced or confident that service will even be available in future years.

They really need to reinvent themselves like Ducati did in 1993-1994. The Monster (I would argue) created the naked bike sector and remains there best seller, while the introduction of the 916 brought all the world press to herald it.

Boutique manufacturers of just don't survive in N.A. anymore.

Cheers.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
MVs business plans are ridiculous. Why do they let this keep happening?
As I understand, they've tripled their sales in the last couple of years. I've got confidence they'll solve their distribution problems in North America.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hi guys,

hope this thread is placed correct, and havn't been up before (couldn't find it in search).

Just heard from Proitalia that the website now is a Ducati only site, so no more finding parts on that site. But you can call them.
Below you can see an email from them:

We are a Ducati only website now since the transition from Pro Italia. You can still purchase MV Agusta parts from Pro Italia, but you have to call or email the dealership directly. Now that the site is owned by AMS Ducati Dallas, we no longer sell the other brands. Sorry we can't be of more help.

-- AMS Ducati Support
You are in Europe right Henrik, what are you doing dealing with a USA dealer when you have Start Twin Trading right near you :wtf: ? Serious question.:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
You're a smart cookie Henrik

hahaha - good question - I use Startwin and their site, and have used my local MV dealer - but I had a list of different part numbers I needed and their site had a great function when a part number had changed they made a note 'replaced with part ......' - very handy indeed :)

And at the time, Startwin didn't use MV part numbers but their own numbers - see the old and new way on attached picture
I see where you're coming from. I have a few different versions of some of the bikes parts lists thanks to Pro Italia and Haupti ...etc.
If you like I can put them in DropBox for you to download if you need them, then just save em to your computer instead of going to a website everytime.

·
Formally know as Drew Kelley
80 Posts
ProItalia is also selling their brick & mortar operation.
New owner is a BMW concern.
This is supposed to be finalized sometime in March.
No details as to which lines will/may be dropped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts