MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I asked bout it MV Agusta, they are answered me:

For privacy and safety reasons, only the final customer gets the code card at the delivery of the bike and also the double key (on the card you have a band to scratch that hides the secret key code for the immobilizer).

If you cannot find the code card, you cannot have a double key replacement (because you cannot insert the code into the immobilizer system), and so you will need to order though your authorized MV Agusta dealer new key locks set, new keys for the new key locks and of course a new code card.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interesting, ive heard that you can send the head unit away for it and get the code pulled out of it as well.
990|1090 2010 head units were released without sockets for programming.
mb they are changing it for 2013.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just went through this headache for a 2010 Brutale. Bought a bike with only one working black key, looked to get a full set (ie red plus spare black), going with the Carmo route.

Not wanting to be without the dash and key for >2 weeks, I found an eBay Brutale dash without keys, duly purchased it and sent it off. Carmo returned saying it couldn't be done as the unit was previously bricked. They also said MV are notoriously finicky...

Ended up sending my original dash and key anyway and all they did was copy my working key (ie dash not needed)!

TLDR, should've just sent them my working key to copy!

Be aware the Carmo option uses el cheapo non OEM shaped Chinese keys. If I had to do it over I would've bought the OEM from StarTwin or GP (Alex is showing some stock) and sent it to them to copy. Carmo don't cut the keys so factor this into your price too.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts