MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Currently fixing up my Brutale. I have scored a secondhand dash but i am having issues programming the keys to the dash. I have the key card and have tried following the manual with entering the 5 digit code on the scratch off section but it continually comes up with invalid code. Ive checked the wiring on the immobiliser reader and it all appears OK. Any other ideas?

·
Administrator
20,555 Posts
I think you have to use the diagnostic software to program a dash to a key.... but I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time!!).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@mvrick , can you clarify what needs to be done ?
Talking to the OEM apparently you can only program a new dash to an existing set of keys. Once a dash is programmed to a pin code it's locked in. I'd love to know if that's correct! I scored this dash for $300 vs $1600 for a new one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For any poor soul who has found this thread. It has been confirmed by the factory that only virgin/ new gauges can be coded to existing key sets using the code. Once the pin code is entered it is hard programmed into the immobiliser and unable to be recoded again. You are also able to program new virgin keys with the same process. The key is blank and once the pin code is entered into the display it is hard coded into the key chip.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Have you asked the source of the instrument panel if they have the matching key at all?

·
Administrator
20,555 Posts
Surely there is a way to hack the immobilizer.....where are the computer programming geeks when you need them??

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
It might be worth sending an email off to Carmo Electronics, just in case they can do something for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all, glad i caught this thread, I have been looking into this for my project. I contacted Carmo, they can retrieve code from existing dash but apparrantly cannot code existing keyset to dash? they quoted me approx €250 to retrieve the stored code and check/reset mileage to match my bike (used salvaged 2011 F4 clockset). I was going to order full new lockset with new keycard but it seems this wont work. Anyone got 'dealer software' or can ecu studio access the code info?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all, glad i caught this thread, I have been looking into this for my project. I contacted Carmo, they can retrieve code from existing dash but apparrantly cannot code existing keyset to dash? they quoted me approx €250 to retrieve the stored code and check/reset mileage to match my bike (used salvaged 2011 F4 clockset). I was going to order full new lockset with new keycard but it seems this wont work. Anyone got 'dealer software' or can ecu studio access the code info?
Good find! It's easy enough once you have the code to just buy new keys and get them coded. But for me the price of sending to Carmo plus the cost of the second hand unit and a set of new keys is only a hundred or so from buying a new one from Star twin.

·
Registered
658 Posts
all i know is you can program a new dash to existing key. not the other way round.
But if you buy a 2nd hand dash you must get both key and card key should then work.
If that all fails. Then try having same dash+key+ecu.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all i know is you can program a new dash to existing key. not the other way round.
But if you buy a 2nd hand dash you must get both key and card key should then work.
If that all fails. Then try having same dash+key+ecu.
Yeah, pretty much. Bugger of a system but should be sorted soon as the new gauge gets here.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It’s also possible to swap the relevant chip set from your original dash to your replacement unit. Done a few both B4 and gen 2 F4. Rework station is handy. Then you keep your original key. Although milages can be effected.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It’s also possible to swap the relevant chip set from your original dash to your replacement unit. Done a few both B4 and gen 2 F4. Rework station is handy. Then you keep your original key. Although milages can be effected.
Interesting, any photos of what chip you need to change over?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry not really comfortable posting that in a public forum given it’s immobiliser security info.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry not really comfortable posting that in a public forum given it’s immobiliser security info.
Fair enough, can you DM it to me? I've got a soldering station here and still have the second hand unit. Might as well give it a shot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Farshore, is it possibble te replace the pic chip with a new blank one on a used dash and reprogram a new code to it to allow new keys to be programmed?

·
Registered
116 Posts
T
Farshore, is it possibble te replace the pic chip with a new blank one on a used dash and reprogram a new code to it to allow new keys to be programmed?
Yeah theoretically possible to program new keys to a blank chipset although usually easier to either chip swap or swap the key set

1 - 20 of 24 Posts