MV Agusta Forum banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I know for certain there are fewer than 64 SPRs in the USA since I've parted out two of them. I've parted out one 2007 Senna. I own two, and I know Ed has one SPR.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
I know for certain there are fewer than 64 SPRs in the USA since I've parted out two of them. I've parted out one 2007 Senna. I own two, and I know Ed has one SPR.
There's definitely been attrition. In addition to your scavenging and inevitable accidents and thefts, there are several of various models that have been re-exported elsewhere in the world.

I know at least 2 Tambos went to the UAE, and we all know Castle's came from the States. At least one other USA model went down under as well.

Interestingly, a Veltro Pista owner informed me there are at least 4 Pistas and Stradas in the States. And none of them are the few we've seen advertised abroad and posted here.

We'll never know how many of each model are left here, but these are the long-awaited official numbers nobody has ever had for USA imports. Many guesses and deductions have been close, but never the official quantities.

I'm happy. Finally.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Concerning Veltro Strada, the exact production quantity of these bikes is 14 pieces and so I can confirm that the initial number of 99 bikes have not been produced.

This is Mr Paolo Bianchi, the Cagiva Research Center General Manager, who gave me the answer. You can trust him.

I don't know how many were ship to USA (the bikes were built on demand).

Best

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Concerning Veltro Strada, the exact production quantity of these bikes is 14 pieces and so I can confirm that the initial number of 99 bikes have not been produced.
Great info. I'd heard that there were fewer than 20 each of the Veltro Pista and Strada, and that the Pista total was 17 rather than the projected 23.

Now we know that only 14 of the 99 projected Stradas were built.

This is Mr Paolo Bianchi, the Cagiva Research Center General Manager, who gave me the answer. You can trust him.
Can you ask him to confirm the number of Veltro Pistas produced of the projected 23?

I don't know how many were ship to USA (the bikes were built on demand).

Best
Those in the USA were privately imported, not through MV USA. I'd imagine there's some way to find out at the federal level how many have been imported. EPA/DOT would have record of any/all that came through customs.

Thanx for the info.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Was told originally there was suppose to be only 10 Tambo allocated to be imported into Australia. Due to demand from Dubai at that time, only 5 Tambo was finally allocated and officially imported into Australia.

We know recently that 2 Tambo has been in separate accidents and has been written off and parted.

One Tambo (personal import? Not sure thou) was suppose to be from the Sultan of Brunei. This is the only one out of 300 (apparently, can someone verify this) that has biposto seat.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Was told originally there was suppose to be only 10 Tambo allocated to be imported into Australia. Due to demand from Dubai at that time, only 5 Tambo was finally allocated and officially imported into Australia.

We know recently that 2 Tambo has been in separate accidents and has been written off and parted.

One Tambo (personal import? Not sure thou) was suppose to be from the Sultan of Brunei. This is the only one out of 300 (apparently, can someone verify this) that has biposto seat.
Yes minime. The tambo exsists with dual seat allocated for sultan of brunei. A guy in sydney owns it with a CC both numbered 70 and signed by CC himself in the tank. I have seen it un rwal life i was too buy it but he changed his mind and now has them both in a musuem in his home.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
710 Posts
What about this version ? 2011 MV Agusta F4 1078 RR 312 Edizione Finale,, only 30 made to Japanese market. But i know at least of one that is in France.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Just as a reminder, back in 2010 MV Agusta revealed another special edition F4. This time is was called "Frecce Tricolori" and was limited to only 11 units.

·
Administrator
18,860 Posts
I know at least 2 Tambos went to the UAE, and we all know Castle's came from the States. At least one other USA model went down under as well.
And Castle's CC also came from the USA....so drop that number by one as well.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
What about this version ? 2011 MV Agusta F4 1078 RR 312 Edizione Finale,, only 30 made to Japanese market. But i know at least of one that is in France.
Just as a reminder, back in 2010 MV Agusta revealed another special edition F4. This time is was called "Frecce Tricolori" and was limited to only 11 units.
I'll figure out where to put them in the list for inclusion. Thanks Ruilosa.

There were only 14 of the originally-projected 99 Veltro Stradas built.

14!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
It still hasn't yet left the States, though; right?:wtf::naughty::yo:
Actually Blake, it has been shipped to NZ on long term loan from me to my friend David. :)

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
I seem to be the only one who's all giddy over finally having the official number of USA imports for each Limited Edition MV.:nerd::confused:

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
14.....:jsm:.....the bike i almost had, but never will again....:cross:
I'm nearly as disappointed FOR you as you are; especially how it happened. I well remember the story.

You should have that bike. Any chance of ever getting it at some point?

Do you recall what # it was?

81 - 100 of 125 Posts