MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
My B910r has been in the garage for quite some time without any use. I have been away for more that 3 months due to job requirements and the day after my return, I decided to get her ready for track day, but the battery was dead.

I tried to recharge it but no success; so I had to buy a new one. When I put the new battery in its place, I put it wrong and I confused the wires for a few seconds; then I realised and put it the other way round.

When I finally got it right and turned the key on, I quickly realised that the fuel pump was not loading; I ckecked all fuses and they were ok.... so I went to my dealer and after a quick supervision they came up with something wrong somewhere aroung the fuses box and some electronic circuit behind the fuses box.

To my surprise, the guy told me that the "joke" would cost me around 3000€ euros :jsm::jsm:because they would have to change the fuses box and the electronic circuit attached to it. I had no idea of what he was talking about.

The only think I know, is that my beautiful B910R is at the workshop waiting for more detailed supervision.

Does anyone know anything about what has happened to my MV??? any comments?? anyone has experienced something similar??

regards
Carlos :lightning

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Unfortunately, it may not be that simple. Unlike the F4, I don't think the Brutale has a diode. You may indeed need a new SPU, but I don't think it costs 3,000 Euro.

The first thing to check, or find out from the shop, is are the other functions working? Lights, instrument cluster, blinkers and such. If they are you may be lucky and just need a fuel pump.

The reason I suggest this is last week someone called me with the exact same problem. He reversed polarity on the battery and his fuel pump would not work. Everything else was fine.

Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
327 Posts
you did attach all the vires to the plus on the battery, if you dont the fuel pump wont start. I did the the same, but when i found the last wire the pump fired.

Just thougt i meantion it

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Make sure you check the 40amp fuse, this will blow if you connect the battery up the wrong way. It's the fuse next to the battery under the seat... If you are lucky it's just this.

If it is the spu, it's about $330 euro from Vesuvio. Not $3000.

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
Make sure you check the 40amp fuse, this will blow if you connect the battery up the wrong way. It's the fuse next to the battery under the seat... If you are lucky it's just this.

If it is the spu, it's about $330 euro from Vesuvio. Not $3000.
+1000

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all
Thanks guys for all suggestions; today I am going to the dealer and we will be checking these proposals.

CAG, the rest of functions were working correct. It was only the fuel pump who was not responding.

I will keep you informed about what is going on.

regards
Carlos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts