MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
problems starting 675 F3

history of the bike: purchased secondhand with 2600 kms on the clock in it's first 18 months. Since acquiring the bike I've added 2800 kms in the next 4 months and parked the bike for around 3 weeks (winter with accompanying shitty weekend weather) before going for another ride The bike is due for it's 6,000 km service in another 600 kms.

Went to start the bike on a really cold morning and totally dead battery which isn't that surprising considering it's use or rather lack of. Another couple of weeks to get and fit a replacement Shorai battery.

Engine cranks over no worries with the new battery but the bike won't start. Checked fuses, routing of fuel line (fuel lines weren't disconnected as the tank was only raised to change the batteries), kill switch, clutch in, side stand up and everything else I can think of. Feels/sounds like a fuel related issue as if there is no fuel to the engine. There are no errors displayed on the dash.

The only thing not checked is the fuel filter.

Any ideas as to why the bike won't start?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Bugger.....
Have you double checked that all the cables taken off from battery went back on again? I'm not if there's only two if if there's more than just two per side on the F3?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hard one to comment on at a distance, but I would look for a way to check fuel flow or pressure, it's hard to imagine a blocked fuel filter at such low mileage, but not impossible either. You're not running Ethenol based fuel by any chance Russ?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My best guess is a fuel related problem, possibly the fuel pump as when the ignition is turned to ON the pump sounds like it's operating for a very short time (less than a second) but as I have never noticed this before I can't compare. I seem to recall the fuel pump operating for a longer period on another bike I had.

I haven't run ethanol fuel simply to avoid any possible tank issues. I have no idea what the previous owner used. Booked it in to Peter Stevens for Tuesday to have a look and fix a couple of warranty issues (no strap on battery, mirror 'collapsing' when riding).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts