MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just drove my bike to the bank, did job there, went out of the bank and tried to turn it on... the diagnostic went "OK", but it doesn't want to start... My friend and I tried with push to start the engine... it didn't work...

Can you please help?!?!? I bought new bike, it has only 1300km... I need to change first oil on it, and I don't know is that a problem. Maybe that's why it doesn't want to start?
Hmmm

:wtf:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
What year is it? Try hooking a battery tender to it for a few hours and try again. If it starts, it may be the battery. If the battery is a Koyo, then it's very likely the battery. Mine stranded me at work once too and that was my problem. Around the same kms too. Definitely no due to maintenance interval, but you'll definitely want to get that done. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is it? Try hooking a battery tender to it for a few hours and try again. If it starts, it may be the battery. If the battery is a Koyo, then it's very likely the battery. Mine stranded me at work once too and that was my problem. Around the same kms too. Definitely no due to maintenance interval, but you'll definitely want to get that done. Good luck.
2013. Nope, it's not the battery. Maybe clutch switch? It doesn't want to cranks...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm sure I read about this same issue not long ago. Maybe do a search or run through the Brutale section of the forum. Just sounds very familiar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I thinkg I found it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clutch switch, side stand switch are possibilities. Make sure your "kill" switch is "on".....
Thanks, I will try to find new clutch switch....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was starter relay... i need to buy new one... :/ damn!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
It was starter relay... i need to buy new one... :/ damn!
You said in your first post the bike was new, so did you not have a warranty?

jimboF4

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You said in your first post the bike was new, so did you not have a warranty?

jimboF4
I do have a warranty, but I washed my bike... and some water came on starter switch ... and :jsm:

So I guess I will need to buy a new one..

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Washing your bike should not cause the solenoid to fail, that is unacceptable. If I were you get thr bike back to the dealer and demand they replace it. You paid them a lot of money for that bike, they owe you some customer service.
Good luck, jimbo F4

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Begs the larger question. Can you jump start new 1090RRs? You said you tried to jump start it and a starter relay shouldn't have stopped it from jump starting.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Dealer problem

I do have a warranty, but I washed my bike... and some water came on starter switch ... and :jsm:

So I guess I will need to buy a new one..
I agree with Jimbo, what does washing do that a good ride in a downpour of rain won't? If its a 2013 and the starter relay is failing, the dealership should be replacing it at no cost to you, it would be completely unreasonable for them not to in fact...:thewife:

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
not starting?

ljucani;
you have a warranty, let them fix it

call the dealer..... "my bike has 1,300kms and won't start.....the battery is fine......can you come and pick it up and fix it???"

don't say anything about washing it.....

i wash all my bikes and always have

:drummer:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for your opinions. I called my dealer. They will fix it :)

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
great, ljucani hope you get it back soon:drummer:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
First I ordered new starter relay... it cames today.. try to start.... nothing! Now im going to my dealer... he is far away.. but I can't fix it by myself... :( :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Okay... I finally found a problem!! It was IMMOBILIZER MODE.
When I went to immobilizer mode, typed in my code and it cranks... normally... then I turn off the engine, tried again and it works... then I turn it off... after 10 minuts I wanted to repeat, but it doesn't crank... same problem, again. Then I again went to immobilizer mode, type the code and again it works normally...

So for now I will need to repeat this thing when it doesnt'a want to crank..

If anyone knows why is that happening with my bike - write it down :)

Anyway I wanted newbies (as I am) to know if something similar happend to them.

Stay cool and drive safe.. peace :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts