MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't open!, I press down the end of the tail and turn the key clockwise and doesn't work!

Don't want to broke something and desperation is now the name of the game!

Please help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention that I have tried all recommendations I found in other threads (... push down on the center of the tail section, near the tail light, with the palm of your left hand as you turn the key. This will unload the locking mechanism and you should, then, be able to lift it free. Keep the key turned to unlock as you relase pressure with your left hand and slide your left hand toward, and under, the tail light to lift. If this doesn't work, you have too much slop in the locking mechanism cable. You can reach,with your right hand fingers, in behind the lock and pull the cable toward the outside of the bike (toward you) while pushing down with your left hand on the tail section. You really don't need the key at all ...)

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
G-man...nice work! I'm sorry that you have a broken bit, but it seems Dons has you sorted.

I'd really like to compliment you on searching for, and finding, then using the advice that exists on this site.

Hopefully you will be fixed in a jiffy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts