MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow members got a question for you. I ordered an oil filter from Pro Italia for may Brutale. Shipping was fast but when I opened the box it had a Hi-Flo filter in the box. On the box it said replacement for MV Agusta filter #XXXXXX. On there website they show a picture of the MV labled filter. Being I paid $21.00 I'd like to think I was getting the right brand filter. Here is my question.

Are they the same filter? Did Hi-Flo make the original MV filter?

·
Administrator
20,004 Posts
My filter (just got a replacement) has MV markings on the body, and part number on the box. It was $19.25 including 7% sales tax.

·
Administrator
20,004 Posts
Yes...all MV filters come with a new rubber band and plastic "locking" strap with screw, as shown in the link posted above, as well as specific instructions on mounting for F4 and B4.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's just it my filter only came with the filter I had to reuse the rubber band and strap . Not like they were in bad shape but I payed 21.00 and only got the filter and it's stamped replacement for mv but says hi flo on it

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Yikes. That's a problem. If the picture on their site represents a MV Agusta filter, then it should be an MV Agusta filter unless they have a disclaimer saying otherwise.

·
Administrator
20,004 Posts
Ask for a partial refund.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've been to Pro Italia many times. Though it's not my top choice for service, I can't imagine they'd do that to any customers on purpose. They probably sell both and sent you the wrong one by mistake. Call them and ask...

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I know that OEM MV oil filters have been on backorder by many dealers for a while now.... I would imagine that that is the case.

·
Administrator
20,004 Posts
I know that OEM MV oil filters have been on backorder by many dealers for a while now.... I would imagine that that is the case.
My dealer has plenty in stock ????? of course, they are also closing.:bawling:

·
Registered
803 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than $8 for a Hi-Flo filter, get your money back.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Dumb. I'm now a little more pissed then before. Been a long time since I've been had. I have another e-mail to send them.:banghead: And a phone call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear Endgrain-

Please contact me at 818-249-5707 to resolve this matter. We would never intentionally misrepresent our products. Unfortunately, the MV oil filters were on back order until this week and my shipper most likely did not realize he needed to update the part number when he invoiced you. The online order system only shows us the original part number, which is what you would have been invoiced for. I truly apologize for the inconvenience and would be happy to offer you a refund in the amount of $12.00.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Best regards
Nicole Widick

Parts and Accessories Manager
Pro Italia Motorcycles
Glendale CA
www.proitalia.com

1 - 20 of 33 Posts