MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, guys, let's close this business once and for ever.

I have written several times in F3 section that € price in EU can't convert to USA price in $ and some guys still don't get it.

F3 will be 12000 € here. It WILL NOT be 17300 $ in USA, which would be if you were to use current exchange rate.

2010 F4 costs 18500 € in Italy, how much does it cost in US? Around 18000 $.

F4 RR is 22500 € in EU. It will not be priced 32000 $ in USA as some have suggested. It will be around 23-24000 $ in USA, I would bet on that.

OK, I hope I haven't insulted anyone, that was not my intention. I just wanted to clear this things.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not factoring various hidden-convoluted tariffs/taxes/etc for the price difference between USA vs. X, maybe other countries are indirectly subsidizing the cost of USA MSRP?

Is profit margin better on other country's MSRP? I doubt the profit margin is linear across the board.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am no expert in motorcycling pricing but I would be willing to bet that MV "pricing" is predicated on several variables, least of which is the exchange rate. And further, while I do not know what the cost of an F3 will be, or other future MV iterations such as the RR, I do feel confident that their pricing is based on "market value" factors/conditions. In other words, the rest of the world is likely subsidizing the US market at present. Actually, that is a very simplistic way of stating an otherwise more complex topic.

MV is smart about their market segment, global economic conditions etc. If they were to price a RR at $32K, that inventory would sit on U.S. showrooms for the next year or more. The market will not support a $32K bike in its present state so they will price it in a way that they do not lose market share but concurrently do not undermine the premium perception of MV, likely in the $22-$25K range.

Sorry for the rant.....just a guess.....I am no MV expert.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The same can be said for a many of the cars on the market and much of the reason for that is different countries taxes is it not? It's hard to believe what the Brits have to pay in sterling for their cars compared to the US.. Do those Italian MSRP prices include your VAT/sales tax and such? I know in many countries it does but not in the US. A bike advertised in the US at say 20kMSRP does not include taxes and will cost 22k - 23k in DMV /tax and dealer fees, Do you have to pay a dealer an additional "crate and shipping" charge - anywhere from $400- $800 for them to take it out of a crate and some plastic wrap? There's lots of gotchas purchasing a vehicle in the US though it still does work out cheaper.

This won't completely solve the math disparity but it's a contributing factor perhaps?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts