MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been doing my mv search as usual and have found that mv's are coming down for later models. FBF just recently sold a 2000 model for 9K,

http://www.ferracci.com/bike.php?bid=222

but are asking 27k for an oro series of the same year. What is so special about that series other than the obvious magnesium parts. Also there are a couple of places selling 05/06 models for 17-19k. Is the price drop because of the new R model or is MV losing its appeal as a premiere bike. Although no matter what happens with the price i will have one. Hopefully soon.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Look at it this way. In 2000, a brand new MV 750 cost about $19,000. Six years later, than 2000 model cost $10,000. That's a 52% depreciation in six years! Most other bikes do that in about two! And that consider that the 2001, 2002, and 2005 model have changes over the 2000 model. When I tried to sell my 2002 MV in 2003, they were selling in the $13K range (but mine was slightly damage and sold for $10K). Think of it this way. Would the general motorcycle buyer want to spend $10,000 for a 2000 Ducati 996 or a new (but discounted) 2006 Yamaha R1?

The Oro may list for $27K but who knows who it what it will sell for. On the other hand, to a collector, it is the F4 that started it all.

As for the new bikes, I found a few dealers selling 2005 in the $19K range but later found out they're demos! I heard that dealers have a rebate which allows them to sell 2006 MVs for $20,000 but that's to clear inventory for the new R version. I dont' know if there's a bigger rebate for left over 2005 models.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Outkasted said:
So i have been doing my mv search as usual and have found that mv's are coming down for later models. FBF just recently sold a 2000 model for 9K,

http://www.ferracci.com/bike.php?bid=222

but are asking 27k for an oro series of the same year. What is so special about that series other than the obvious magnesium parts. Also there are a couple of places selling 05/06 models for 17-19k. Is the price drop because of the new R model or is MV losing its appeal as a premiere bike. Although no matter what happens with the price i will have one. Hopefully soon.
To answer your question the Oro version was only 300 units and it is all carbon fiber body work including the gas tank no plastic what so ever. And the magnesium parts as well.

So in short only 300 were ever made and no more and all carbon fiber. Just a carbon fiber package from Agusta Corse webiste costs $4000.00 and that doesn't include the body panels and gas tank. So that price is a bargain!

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That does help. Not that i can budget that one in my life anyway just wondering. Did not know they where all carbon. That is diffently trick, but i don't know about the price tag. Oh well. I just gotta get my money together for one of my own.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Outkasted said:
That does help. Not that i can budget that one in my life anyway just wondering. Did not know they where all carbon. That is diffently trick, but i don't know about the price tag. Oh well. I just gotta get my money together for one of my own.
Lets just say they only made 300 Cadillac Escalades in 2006. And not another edition was made there after for all the world to consume.

Don't you think they would hold there value???

·
Registered
479 Posts
Outkasted said:
but are asking 27k for an oro series of the same year. What is so special about that series other than the obvious magnesium parts.
It is a highly desirable piece of MV kit. Very exclusive, so if you want one, you're going to pay.

Also there are a couple of places selling 05/06 models for 17-19k. Is the price drop because of the new R model or is MV losing its appeal as a premiere bike. Although no matter what happens with the price i will have one. Hopefully soon.
Pro Italia in Glendale is one of those that dropped sticker pricing on the "regular" F4 into the 19s. I asked a salesman about it and he said, it was the R. Why would you buy a regular F4 when you can get an R for only a grand or two more?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts