MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.
I' m a newcomer from France. I own a brutale 1090rr 2011 with no abs restricted to 100 hp.
I' m looking for a non restricted ECU map in order to flash my ECU and get the real Brutal power.
Please Help.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
That seems the expensive route. Unless you want to actually put a different exhaust and whatnot on the bike to improve performance.

If you want to keep the bike with stock exhaust, why dont you just go to a MV Agusta dealership and ask them to upload the newest mapping for your particular bike.
From my understanding it should be free. Maybe only "manhour" is payed.

·
Super Moderator
22,850 Posts
If you are not on a restricted license, your local dealer should be able to unrestrict the map. As I understand, European models with the progressive maps can be dealt with in this way.

If not, there are a couple of other options such as sending your ECU to someone who can flash a new map into it, or buying an ECU with an unrestricted map. Both of those would be more costly.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
20,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum....

If I am not mistaken, France is one of those countries that does not allow motorcycles with over 100 hp to be imported/sold. Japan is another country with that regulation. I could be wrong.....

Can't the ECU Studio software flash maps? I think some European members have that software and the comm cable. Maybe they can help you out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts