MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a new question. ;)

1. I had my preload (and other suspension parts) adjusted by Race Tech during a Pro Italia suspension clinic, and I wrote down his settings.

2. Since then, I've raised the rear ride height via the ride height adjuster.

So, here's the question:

Would raising the rear ride height have any effect on the front preload? I'm thinking no. The change in ride height will effect the rear preload but the sag in the front will have remained the same so the front preload would not be effected (much) by the ride height change.

·
Registered
917 Posts
By raising the ride height, you've (marginally) put more weight on the front end, and (marginally) reduced weight on the rear. I can't imagine the preload being affected enough to notice. If you ever carry a tank bag or tail bag, that amount of weight probably has as much effect as the slight change in geometry.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Here's a new question. ;)
Would raising the rear ride height have any effect on the front preload?
You know, sophisticated bikes, MV & Duc, .., have the ride height adjuster (Jap bikes don’t have it).
Ride height and preload, determine the reciprocation of the “loads”, from rear wheel to the front and backwards (accelerating or braking).
They are in conjunction! They affect each other.

·
Registered
689 Posts
tvass said:
You know, sophisticated bikes, MV & Duc, .., have the ride height adjuster (Jap bikes don’t have it).
It's not just a matter of sophistication. A motorcycle with an eccentric for chain tension adjustment needs it. Adjusting the chain tesnion alters the ride height, so the easily accessible adjustment to compensate is necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts