MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may save us eleventybillion words on the subject. One can hope :flickoff: Seriously though you're a :king: and I sincerely hope your newfound enthusiasm doesn't meet a similarly quick demise.

-they all leak coolant. Have dealer remove or wait until it drains to MIN line on reservoir below ignition

-kickstand can not be made to spring all the way forward like bmw/japanese without a serious amount of engineering

-trip computer/clock/odo is activated by the starter button AFTER the bike has been started. To clear your trip 1 or 2 push the starter button until you are on that screen and hold down +5seconds to reset to 0. The set button is used to set imperial vs metric and also time

-they all run hot

-your blinkers on the 910R may go wonky. It is the ECU and may be fixed by replacing checking for bad ground and then by replacing ECU. Most 910 have been clear

-blinkers on non beemers are all on one button. What a concept hehe

-yes everyone will keep asking you about the bike. Expect Martian-like attention

-Follow the tire pressure suggestions below the seat

-Choose to either follow the factory or the motoman method of break in but either way bed your pads carefully by 10+ stops from 60mph to a slow roll in short succession and allow to cool. Do not stop during this process holding the brakes down. Take care as tires will be new.

-Owners manual shows suggested suspension starting point but not how to set static sag. Please have dealer set the sag with you on the bike with all gear -be honest with them on the type of riding you want from the setup

-the trigger on the left switchgear is to flash your headlights

-If it stalls at idle or when decreasing speed, is abrupt on throttle or has noticible flat spots low in the range have the dealer RE-PDI the bike and use the FAQ tuning 1,2

-If you turn your key too far you pass the ignition lock to turn parking lights on and will run down your battery in a workday's time

-to adjust heigh you can drop triple clamp at front like normal bike. That diagonal rod under your seat that looks like it is attached to your subframe screws one direction to lower and the other to raise. Lower ride height is lower to the ground and stable at high speed. Higher ride height is faster to transition but can be less stable under heavy braking/high speed

-910R mileage? I will defer since I don't have a clear picture but expect 90-120miles range max. You have approx 20-30mi once the light comes on

-Parts needed, aftermarket or otherwise? See FAQ under parts suppliers

-Mirror complaints? See CRG or learn to raise your arms.

-Different gearing? Factory parts for sprockets and see FAQ for speedometer correction.

-Where is your 910R exhaust? :shocker: No you didn't just ask that... :laughing: :stir:

-Those wheels are made by Brembo, yes, same company as Marchesini

-It is not pronounced "mar ch eh seenee" nor "mar zoh chee"

-No it's not a GSXR engine. I promise you will be asked. It is most likely people know Cagiva bikes have a partnership with Suzuki from way back and confuse the TL/SV engine deals there with MV's genesis

-What is the link to Ferrari? See the FAQ

Hmmm there must be others :koolaid:

EDIT for speeling. WTH is setting 'sage'. New style seat foam. Maybe MikeUK will be interested hehe

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
LMAO

Greg, you are lucky at least he gave you a list. James is local to me and I never got a list....Then again he did help with my CO adjustments.......Many thanks

Looking forward to hearing about your new pride and joy some time next week.

·
Registered
281 Posts

Is this general guidance or of specific value with MV bikes?

-If you turn your key too far you pass the ignition lock to turn parking lights on and will run down your battery in a workday's time

Well, it did not take me long to validate this... Rushing to a meeting, quick with the key, covered the bike up and bingo, i n7 quick hours - James is right on... Good news - it roll-starts quite easily

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Amer said:
LMAO

Greg, you are lucky at least he gave you a list. James is local to me and I never got a list....Then again he did help with my CO adjustments.......Many thanks

Looking forward to hearing about your new pride and joy some time next week.
thanks so much...
i AM very lucky for this wonderful post
and i really have printed it out and laminated it :)
...... my daughter LOVES to play with the laminator

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
SteveC said:

Is this general guidance or of specific value with MV bikes?

Well, it did not take me long to validate this... Rushing to a meeting, quick with the key, covered the bike up and bingo, i n7 quick hours - James is right on... Good news - it roll-starts quite easily
1. i've done that on my BMW once a long time ago
- long story, short:
i was eating at a place a couple of hours north of here 10 years ago...
riding my bmw R1100RT with a bunch of guys on harleys
it was SO FREAKIN' hot that i had ALMOST PASSED OUT when i arrived in the parking lot

parked the bike in a lot with 200 other harleys

during lunch... we sat there for 2 hours, as we were trying to REhydrated ourselves before riding the last 2 hours home.....
an announcement kept coming on....
"will the guy with the out-of-place european bike wtih the lights on please fix it!"
everytime he said it:
1. i laughed out loud at some dumbass who would do that
2. the whole crowd was chuckling

needless to say, that when i went outside and found out it was MY bike......
i got on the bike....
i was still tired
i lifted the bike off the sidestand and fixed the key
and got off the bike.... still freakin' tired and dehydrated...
forgot to put the kick stand down....
the bike falls over
620 pounds.... tall bike/i'm short
i'm tired and weaker than usual (which is freakin' weak)

all the laughing harley guys were walking over to me, laughing harder than ever.....

i summoned the powers from wherever.... and lifted the bike up with 1 arm... like some guy who picks the car off of his brother in some newspaper story

that was SOME day

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just one thing: Marchesini has been bought by Brembo, but production is still divided. Marchesini wheels, Brembo brake system.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Hahaha, this is cool :D :D :D and educational :yo: for Spalding :later:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
spalding12 said:
i need all the help i can get :ahhh:
And you can get it here :drummer:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Perhaps a small mention or link to the whole EBS for the 1000's when blipping? Or is this strictly for the Brut

1 - 20 of 30 Posts