MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone happen to have the PPG Paint color codes or any other paint manufacturer for the following colors:
2014 F3
White - fairings
Red - frame
Red - Fairings
Black - Fairings as used on the black and white F3 800

The codes in manual are not listed at the few automotive paint supply stores I contacted.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Just for info, some of the better automotive workshops have a paint scanning camera which scans the paint colour into computer software to give the code for the best colour match. I recently had a seat cowl matched via this process (F41000R in red) and although the scan brought up a Chevrolet colour, the match was damn perfect.

Of course this will only work if you have the required colour 'in the flesh' to begin with so might better apply to 'jdgun' than to Angelo.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The Palinal paint codes are in the technical section of the Maintenance Manual (not workshop chassis manual, although they maybe). I gave them to my local paint shop and they were able to provide me the 2 base and lacquer coats for the pearlescent white.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Reason why I needed the paint codes. Not sure if I am digging the red and black huggers on white bike. Was trying to match it up with the seats...
Maybe go back to all black ?

I painted them myself at friend's body shop...first time using a professional paint sprayer.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We used one of the cameras mentioned above.
Not to get off the subject but do you happen to have the F3 sticker set for 2014 model? I am currently downloading hundreds of files from the MV server trying to find the right one ?
The Palinal paint codes are in the technical section of the Maintenance Manual (not workshop chassis manual, although they maybe). I gave them to my local paint shop and they were able to provide me the 2 base and lacquer coats for the pearlescent white.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Thier server does not contain graphics files for the bikes. What I do is take the corporate branding pdf (it's vector) and brochures for the bike in question and you can extract the vector logos

I'll take a look at what I have sorted and if you pm me I'll email you.

Btw 65Gb at last count from the MV site. It's not being updated as it used to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts