MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help in locating the plugs which will fit into the power sockets on a TV, the cover flap is marked COBO Italy, not familiar to me anyone know where I can get two of the required plugs.

It's getting colder here and heated clothing is the order of the day.:):)

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
power socket plugs

They are what are called "hella type" , not to be confused with the larger type having 2 contact diameters , which fit lighter sockets in cars. Powerlet do them , I bought 2 right angle ones from sport touring in abercynon in south wales tel 01443742421 .Mike the owner is very helpful . Didn't use them in the end cos I have got the wireless heated jacket system from powerlet. It consists of the "heat troller" ( 2 adjusting knobs) which I have velcro'd to top of clutch reservoir and the little sealed box of tricks that supplies the power . This is designed to go in the jacket pocket which I found a bit bulky so I cut the cables and have it velcro'd under the LH side underseat panel , no problem in the signal reaching controller. Used bullet connectors so if need be I can move it back to the vfr1200 from which it came .
Straying from the post subject matter , when I bought the turismo I had vfr1200 which I did many european trips on and a Cb1000r which I hardly rode. Traded in the cb1000r as thought I would hedge my bets and hang onto the vfr in case didn't get on with the turismo. Rode the vfr1200 again the other day immediately noticed the weight on the wrists but what a motor , nye on impossible to ride it slowly , so much grunt , which I miss on the turismo , you can't have everything , tv is lot lighter and more comfortable riding position .
Must be different riding style but TV has less/no chicken strip on the rear , but more on the front compared to vfr1200 !

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Darf, will go looking down my local Maplins.

Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also called Standard "Din" type plugs. Winding roads do them in straight or right angled,to wire up yourself or Garbing do a Din convertor plug. But be careful if you are plugging any heated clothing into the Truismo sockets, according to the manual, they are only rated at 2 Amps, which is way to low for heated stuff. Jackets are normally 6 Amps, Gloves 2.2 Amps trousers 4-6 amps.

http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/section.php/9/1/12v-motorcycle-sockets-accessories/f2cc3126bad7a513277fb8069dfe0e7b

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Also called Standard "Din" type plugs. Winding roads do them in straight or right angled,to wire up yourself or Garbing do a Din convertor plug. But be careful if you are plugging any heated clothing into the Truismo sockets, according to the manual, they are only rated at 2 Amps, which is way to low for heated stuff. Jackets are normally 6 Amps, Gloves 2.2 Amps trousers 4-6 amps.

http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/section.php/9/1/12v-motorcycle-sockets-accessories/f2cc3126bad7a513277fb8069dfe0e7b
What if you connect the power leads directly to the battery? Will the alternator be able to keep up with the power draw of the heated gear. Do you know if Gerbings Jacket is 6 amp?

·
Registered
18 Posts
heated clothing power connection

Have used a gerbing jacket with controller connected directly to battery
, had no problem but was only used occasionally , think the battery may be more of a proble as has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum , only left bike in garage for a fortnight and battery was flat , same happened with my friends lusso . Never had this problem with any other of my previous bikes fitted with yuasa batteries so probably changing mine at some time.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Believe the TV has an updated 450w alternator so it can run heated gear and sat nav, phone etc, Jen tried the heated Keis jacket and the standard grips the other day and was well chuffed.

So as an all year-round ride it certainly does make sense.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
That's good to hear Jimbo!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts