MV Agusta Forum banner

Power Loss/Engine safe mode?

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  MVWill 
#1 ·
Afternoon all,

Unfortunately I am writing again asking for help with my F3 800. I was on a decent ride today through the snowies and came across a new issue I have never seen before.

I had WOT in 3rd gear going up a hill and the bike surged just like it does when the TC kicks in, it regained power briefly and then all power was lost, as if I was coasting in neutral. I still had WOT at this point, changed down a gear and let the clutch out with no change. I pulled over to the side of the road and hit neutral, the engine hummed bouncing from about 2.5k to 4k rpm continuously while the dash displayed 'Stop Engine', 'Engine malfunction'. I turned the ignition off, had a good visual check of the bike but everything seemed in order. After a couple of minutes, I switched it back on and started it up. No problem. After about another 1.5hrs riding, I made an overtake on another bike up a hill, 3rd gear, relatively pinned and then the exact same events occured. Surge in power, no engine control and rolled to a stop with the engine wurring. Let it sit for a bit, turned it on again and the error had cleared.

Incredibly odd and I have no idea what could cause this to happen. Any ideas from the floor?

Cheers for all your help in advice.

See less See more
#2 ·
after the on screen message "Stop Engine" "Engine Malfunction" did you get another message saying what the malfunction was eg "Gas Position" or something like that.

If it happens again wait a bit before switching off to reset and see what comes up.

It might be the Throttle assembly. The " Gas Position" error is a know issue which is a warranty job.

#3 ·
I can't recall it displaying any further information than that, but it definitely didn't flash up with 'Gas Position'. Could you explain to me what the actual issue is with the gas position error and what's happening?

Thanks Craigo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.