MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 910R has the MV corse exhaust and racing ECU. Would I see any real benefits from a power commander? I am not much of a tinkerer when it comes to mapping but I am interested in efficiency(both power delivery and fuel economy). What are the cons if any?

Any and all input would be appreciated,

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
As long as you have it dyno tunned by someone who knows WTF they are doing, you will see some benifit. Nothing beats a good dyno tunning.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So... Is it safe to say the certified dynojet tuning centers are dependable? Or do they need experience with Agusta bikes.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
If your bikes Co% and TPS are properly set before you go to them, you should be fine with any certified DynoJet tunning center, they dont need MV experiance to read a computer screen and build up a custom map.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
FULLY recommend you get the dyno map done... just had it done and it has transformed the bike! see my thread in the Performace section of the forum for my thoughts...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excuse my ingnorance, this is my first fuel injected machine. I know TPS is the throttle position sensor but what does Co% refer to?

·
Administrator
20,088 Posts
The CO% refers to the gas analyzer reading of carbon monoxide in the exhaust, an indication of rich or lean fuel mixture (carbureted bikes, too). Some bikes have idle CO trim possible. Those with oxygen sensors (lambda sensors)do it automatically.

I have the MV Corse exhaust system and ECU (2008 model, 5SM ECU) and bought a PCIII for it...dyno tuned. Definitly hit the rev limiter more quickly, but I ended up taking it off as the bike ran just as well without and got better gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
I just had mine fitted yesterday at a PCM dealer with previous MV agusta knowledge. I have a Euro 3 bike, so PCM don't support the Euro 3 910.

Basically the garage have frigged the 02 Sensor so that they could allow mapping below 20% throttle. Also had to modify the wiring on the PCIII.

The results? - lumpy idle when cold, its constantly hunting between 1250 - 1750rpm - but doesn't ever stall (so far). Once warm it runs and idles fine. I have had a 6hp increase just from PCIII and air filter. Not bad power gains thats for sure.

Still not sure if I can recommend it though. Time will tell once I've ridden it a bit more. To quote:

"Rem Tank & seat & air box, mount up PCIII in duct and feed wires through to throttle bodies. Fit performance air filter, set up TPS voltage and Butterfly angle for best running. Synchronise throttle bodies, modify Power commander III to fit '08 910 (no PC made for this bike). Refit tank and air box, run on Dyno and Create Map using tuning link. Modify 02 sensor to allow mapping below 20% throttle."

At my request, throttle response has been reduced a little between 1000-2000rpm (this was my preference) but now I've had that done I don't actually like it much. I think I got use to the on/off throttle, but I haven't taken any slow corners yet. It's definately less tough on the transmission if I suddenly release the throttle and doesn't unsettle the bike like it used to.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After reading the thread about the microtek ECU, sounds like that is the ultimate step to take for improvement. Anyone know how cost restrictive it is?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I just had mine fitted yesterday at a PCM dealer with previous MV agusta knowledge. I have a Euro 3 bike, so PCM don't support the Euro 3 910.

Basically the garage have frigged the 02 Sensor so that they could allow mapping below 20% throttle. Also had to modify the wiring on the PCIII.

The results? - lumpy idle when cold, its constantly hunting between 1250 - 1750rpm - but doesn't ever stall (so far). Once warm it runs and idles fine. I have had a 6hp increase just from PCIII and air filter. Not bad power gains thats for sure.

Still not sure if I can recommend it though. Time will tell once I've ridden it a bit more. To quote:

"Rem Tank & seat & air box, mount up PCIII in duct and feed wires through to throttle bodies. Fit performance air filter, set up TPS voltage and Butterfly angle for best running. Synchronise throttle bodies, modify Power commander III to fit '08 910 (no PC made for this bike). Refit tank and air box, run on Dyno and Create Map using tuning link. Modify 02 sensor to allow mapping below 20% throttle."

At my request, throttle response has been reduced a little between 1000-2000rpm (this was my preference) but now I've had that done I don't actually like it much. I think I got use to the on/off throttle, but I haven't taken any slow corners yet. It's definately less tough on the transmission if I suddenly release the throttle and doesn't unsettle the bike like it used to.
To quote myself, after two weeks of riding I have the following to say regarding having a PCMIII fit to a Euro 3 Bike with stock ECU.

What a steaming, heaving pile of horse manure.

To be fair I haven't returned the bike yet to the garage that fitted the PCMIII who reckon with a bit more tuning can get it running right at low rpm, but they won't get the chance because when I do return the bike it will only be to have PCM removed and to fit my recently purchased Microtec ECU from Chris.

Let that be a lesson to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts