MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a power commander V for the 2015 F4 and is it safe for me to put race fuel on a stock set up or will it cause issues later down the road ?

·
Administrator
20,090 Posts
Yes there are Power Commanders available, but there are much better alternatives!!!

Why would you waste big bucks on race gas? You will gain nothing over quality 90 octane (R+M/2) unless you do a great deal more modifications to your engine, intake and exhaust systems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Tommy M,

From all that I've found, there is now power commander option for the MY13 and up F4's with the Eldor ECU. And with the price you would pay for one, like the MY10 that I have, you are far better off buying the MV Agusta race ECU, or Microtec ECU. Check http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/ They have all sorts of goodies. As for the race fuel, I second the don't waste your money. Unless you get a race ECU, there will be almost no gains to achieve.

Zetty

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ty for the advise guys it's about to be off season on here so time to research and go from there

·
Super Moderator
22,495 Posts
@Tommy M: Where is here? We can help better with a general location. It doesn't have to be GPS coordinates, but a continent would help.

On the fuel question, ethanol is your enemy. Octane is not necessarily a helper. Use the octane rating for your machine and you will get the correct power delivery and burn. Tune your ECU and you will smooth out traditional fueling.

Why are you thinking of using race fuel...what is your reasoning?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts