MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will installing a power commander eliminate the abrupt throttle respone. I really don't care about the extra hp, I just want to poor the power on smoothly in turns. I want to get rid of the on off throttle that my bike exibits in turns. Does is just help or is it a complete fix? Thanks!

·
Registered
417 Posts
i had one fitted to my 910R,i thought it may fix some fuelling probs,but it did not,ive always been told on here its a set up fault,needs to be set up corretly,TPS etc etc

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Im certainly no expert on pc's, however I had one fitted recently due to having a new exhaust fitted and it most certainly smooths out the power delivery, now how much is due to the free flowing new system or due to the exahust is up for debate, but it worked

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The maps you load will not help much.
The 0% and 2% throttle positions need to be tweaked to help with the on/off transition. These are usually left blank by most tuners and downloaded maps.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
airfuel said:
The maps you load will not help much.
The 0% and 2% throttle positions need to be tweaked to help with the on/off transition. These are usually left blank by most tuners and downloaded maps.
I'm really not sure what that means can you explain?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sorry about the multiple posts, operator error.

By adding fuel at the 0 and 2% throttle positions, it helps with the transition to more throttle. A lean condition exists when at zero throttle and just cracking the throttle at say 2%. By allowing the injectors to flow more fuel when nearly off, the transition to adding gas is smoother.

Note, some aftermarket chips tend to add gas all over the map. That's why some notice smoother throttle.

·
Banned
112 Posts
I use a PCIII on my 910R with MV CORSE pipes and titanium silencers...now It's seems a japan moto...I don't like PCIII,I'll come back to use MV CORSE eprom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts