MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to purchase a QD Exhaust slip on. Would you consider adding a power commander? or Not?
What's the Pros? and Cons?

·
Administrator
19,525 Posts
What year model do you have? PC III is a crude piggyback method to alter fuel injector duration but does nothing to help with other tuning variables. The pre-Euro3 bikes respond pretty well to the PC III.

Euro3 bikes use an o2 sensor and you have to deal with that. The PC V may work, but you will be better off all around to get a tunable ECU that can address ignition timing and other variables.....of course, that's a bit more money.

Not sure any PowerCommander product will work on the newer Eldor ECUs in the current generation bikes.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Power Commander has a unit designed for the F3. There is also a company called Rexxer who claims to be able to reflash the Eldor ECU.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ive had that very power commander module in for a year or more.

The effect of an exhaust change on one of the previous stock maps can be seen in the dyno print out ive uploaded somewhere in this forum.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MVF3_40, will it damage anything on my bike in the future if I don't get the power commander?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I cant really comment. The latest mv map is different to my base map the power commander is built on top of. I am one or two out of date.

The dyno operator noted my stock map was quite rich and he only had to adjust by small percentages, eg 3-5% (r6's and such get adjusted in places in excess of 10%).

If the current maps are similar you'll find fitting a slip on the bike copes without adjustment. You just maximise whats available by fitting a power commander or similar and will probably find the extra investment not worth it.

If you go full system and air filter then thats a different story.

My 5c.

Would be great to hear from others who have fitted these 'slip on' type systems and how they find the ride afterwards.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts