MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

how hard is it to install Power Commander on Brutale 910?
What gains am I looking at with Midpipe addition?

I called Fast By Ferraci and they are selling Midpipe Maps for $100.

Also,
I wonder if we can create a repository of PCIII Maps here on the forum.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Save your money. Quite honestly generic maps - or maps made for another bike of the same kind - are crap. Leave everything stock until the 600m service then:
Get all the tps adjustments made to set your baselines, Install the pc111 and stick the thing on a dyno. Get a custom map for your bike. $250 well spent. Go see Airfuel - I'll come with you and hold your hand if you are afraid - I know I was when I saw 2 foot flames pulsing out the exhaust on closed throttle! Wicked! Next time I'm taking my video camera. Ferraci are expensive wankers imho.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Totaly agree !

·
Registered
798 Posts
I did the MV corsa inox headers and midpipe with a PCIII and had AirFuel custom map it on his Dyno. I got 121hp at the rear wheel but unfortunately I did not have a baseline done as I had my old dealer installed the pipes. I think the gain in hp is very minimal. However, the throttle response was noticeably better and the graphs looked nice and smooth. Hopefully AirFuel will post the graphs after he dynos with the full Ti system.

·
Registered
431 Posts
For those of us on the west coast who can't get to AirFuel, has anyone found a shop they like out here? Especially in the L.A. area?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
giomanach said:
For those of us on the west coast who can't get to AirFuel, has anyone found a shop they like out here? Especially in the L.A. area?

Here is another thought....

after my first experience with Brutale, I am extremely warranty cautious..

does PC install void the warranty?

·
Registered
822 Posts
ks9mm said:
Here is another thought....

after my first experience with Brutale, I am extremely warranty cautious..

does PC install void the warranty?

Technically yes, but most dealers will turn a blind eye to this.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Dealers have to prove that aftermarket parts caused the failure. More of a hassle than just fixing the bike.

Besides, how many dealers install aftermarket parts on bikes?? Big business!

·
Registered
822 Posts
airfuel said:
Dealers have to prove that aftermarket parts caused the failure. More of a hassle than just fixing the bike.

[\QUOTE]

Thats not necessiraly true, its printed right in the warranty agreement that aftermaket maodification will void the warranty, end of story. But like I said before, if you purchased the parts from your local dealer, had them install them, chances are that they will do the right thing. Break down in another state and that might not be the case.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Some Guy said:
airfuel said:

[\QUOTE]

Thats not necessiraly true, its printed right in the warranty agreement that aftermaket maodification will void the warranty, end of story.
Manufacturer warranty agreements say many things, some not enforceable. The Magnason-Moss act protects us from such statements like "not doing the service by a dealer will void warranty".

Some further reading for those interested:

www.sema.org/warranty

·
Registered
822 Posts
airfuel said:
Some Guy said:
Manufacturer warranty agreements say many things, some not enforceable. The Magnason-Moss act protects us from such statements like "not doing the service by a dealer will void warranty".

Some further reading for those interested:

www.sema.org/warranty
Wow, I had no idea that we were protected like that, very good to know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts