MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using one?
Power Commander tech line told me to try this to help with fueling below 3000 RPM. As the PC V does not do anything below this range.
All the problems I'm having with this bike are in that RPM range.

My bike has the full Arrow exhaust.

·
Administrator
20,391 Posts
This is my understanding of the problem. The Ducatis with the 5SM and later Euro 3 ECMs will not work with PC III...If what their tech line was taking about is their o2 sensor eliminator it is just a resistor to make a constant voltage signal to fool the ECM into letting you make changes.....but it doesn't work on the Marelli ECUs on Ducatis or MVs. Those ECMs look for a constantly varying voltage to confirm the o2 sensor is not defective.

I thought the PC V with the wide band auto tune system may have been an answer, but I'm not certain.

You can get an O2 sensor emulator from the hot rod guys that will actually send a sine wave with a mean average of th ecorrect signal for proper lamda...then you can tweak the Marelli with the PC and not get over ridden or a fault code/fail safe parameter.

I bought one, but then got the Race Exhaust kit ECM from MV and so never tried it.

Still have it, unused. Cost me $50....if you want to give it a whirl I'll sell it to you for $30 mailed in the US.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
put a race ecu in and that will solve all your problems,it will disable the lambda sensor ,so then you can map down low,I repeat this is the only way.especially if you have a pc5. cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
G,Day Im trying to reduce the amount of fuel that my 910R is spewing out the back making a mess. I have the sports exhaust and chip installed. Are you guys saying that to address this problem i will need to get a power commander installed and dyno done ????

·
Administrator
20,391 Posts
If you have a Euro2 bike (16M ECU), 2006 and earlier...yes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cheers! I wasn,t sure if the shop owner was just wanting to sell a pc instead of offering a cheaper fix. looks like i will have to sell the wife then! Ha!Ha!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts