MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Finally I got my ’07 MV F4 fully adjusted as far as a ride is concern. The suspension adjustment and ride height is perfect. However, like many riders on the quest for the ultimate riding machine, I decided to install a "Power Commander" to smooth the power on mid turns (I already have the Racing ECU and the mid pipe upgrade, so I get back fires every once in a while).

I usually do most of the works on my bike (except for the engine internals), and have installed many Power Commanders in the past (never on a MV). So, I removed the seat, the tank, install the PCIII, put the tank back on, try to start it, it cranked but I would not start (WTF), so I checked all the connections and 30 minutes later…..nothing ([email protected]#[email protected]$!^). So, I removed the PCIII, and put everything back to stock, then try on start the bike again, I did cranked but it would not start ([email protected]#[email protected]$!%% again)

I read on another discussion something about a latch relay. Is there such a thing on this bike? Do I need to have the set on to start it? Also, is there a fuel pump reset after I disconnect the battery?

Any help or direction would be appreciated. Cheers

Tony.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
If the bike cranks but won't run your problem is probably fuel, the battery has not got a reset and the start relay obviously comes in. Are you sure you put the right plugs back on the righ injectors?
Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition on ?

·
Registered
271 Posts
check to see that you didnt pinch a fuel line when you put your tank back on. Might as well check couplings while you are there.

good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the replies (and you all have great troubleshooting ideas).

Needless to said, last night I could not sleep (my baby was hurt!!, thinking how much money is it going to cost for fix a “MV Agusta”, Did I fried the ECU?, Broke the injectors? Etc)

So, this morning before work, I removed the tank for the 5th or 6th time, and check all the cables. Then I noticed that there are 2 IDENTICAL female cables where you plug the fuel pump from the tank, so I tried the one on the right, plug the fuel lines and my baby started at the first crank (I’ll be able to sleep tonight, lol).

So, here are a couple of questions:
1- Who in the right mind will put 2 identical connectors (4 prongs) 3 inches apart?
2- What is the second connector for (the one on the left, right on the bottom edge of the air box, nothing attached to it)? Should I worry about it?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Yeah

Thank you all for the replies (and you all have great troubleshooting ideas).

Needless to said, last night I could not sleep (my baby was hurt!!, thinking how much money is it going to cost for fix a “MV Agusta”, Did I fried the ECU?, Broke the injectors? Etc)

So, this morning before work, I removed the tank for the 5th or 6th time, and check all the cables. Then I noticed that there are 2 IDENTICAL female cables where you plug the fuel pump from the tank, so I tried the one on the right, plug the fuel lines and my baby started at the first crank (I’ll be able to sleep tonight, lol).

So, here are a couple of questions:
1- Who in the right mind will put 2 identical connectors (4 prongs) 3 inches apart?
2- What is the second connector for (the one on the left, right on the bottom edge of the air box, nothing attached to it)? Should I worry about it?
I just went through both my wiring looms and could not find the "other identical" plug you refer too? Any pictures ? Both male or both fe-male ?

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
4 wire plugs?

like Donsy said i can only find one......the one to the fuel pump coming from the right hand harness '05 F4 '08 Brutale

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Bit of a thread hijack, but before I even attempted to install PC111 I hooked up the laptop to update the software to match the exhaust setup I have on my 05 Brutale, and the software is telling me the device isn't communicating. Any clues?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
+10

PClll needs ignition key on or a good 9 volt battery hooked up to communicate.....

Noel's right PC3 requires power.

·
Registered
425 Posts
cheers, sorted...9v I had before was a bit too weak to power it up sufficiently...

next problem...got everything off the bike and routed the cabling, only to find that the TPS has two green/white wires to attach the tap to...does it matter which one is connected?

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
powering up?

hey Donsy, my buddy's ECU from the early '80s has a separate power switch, so you can program the ECU without overheating the coils.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/efiaboutrsr.htm

he is Lee's best friend.......:laughing:

hey PowerCommander get with the program......:wtf::naughty::naughty::naughty:

:jerkoff:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts