MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a Power commander installed and custom mapped tomorrow. I'm looking to smooth out the low end on Bruty. Is there anything specific I should know or ask for when I bring it to the dealer?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Before and after graphs with a/f ratio on the printout, SAE correction factor and get a copy of the final map either e-mailed or on disc.
If he has never done a brute before, tell him to get rpm of #1 coil stick (1 wire only) and there is no air injection to block off.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
airfuel said:
Before and after graphs with a/f ratio on the printout, SAE correction factor and get a copy of the final map either e-mailed or on disc.
If he has never done a brute before, tell him to get rpm of #1 coil stick (1 wire only) and there is no air injection to block off.
THANKS!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Let us know what you think! I think it did wonders for my Brutale. The low end was smoothed up very nicely

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
admin said:
Let us know what you think! I think it did wonders for my Brutale. The low end was smoothed up very nicely
The damn thing was defective. I lost an entire morning and have nothing to show for it. :cussing:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What happened? MV's are not the easiest installs.
What they said was that it would rev up to about 9200 RPM and simply cut out. They are ordering a new unit and I go back in next week. I went to Spectrum Motorsports in Irvine, CA. They are a (new) MV dealer but said that this is not the first MV they've done (including one of the employee's personal bikes). It's frustrating, but I feel for the shop, too. Their tech lost an entire morning.

Any insight?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Say, A/F when I go in for a custom mapping should I load the zero map from dynojet or does it not matter? Would it help if I produce a list of the things I'm looking for in the new map?

thx,

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Say, A/F when I go in for a custom mapping should I load the zero map from dynojet or does it not matter? Would it help if I produce a list of the things I'm looking for in the new map?

thx,
Doesn't matter what map is in there, it will all be overwritten.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts