MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is in your opinion the best? assuming maps availability is equally easy.
I was told we can have the rapidbike equipment and use in all bikes, the only change is the wiring. Also that we can change maps (2 or 3) on an handlebar switch!!!
Does anybody as knowledge to compare bothe systems?
Is there any noticable delay caused by any of these equipments on the signals, I mean anything we can feel?

thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
I will chime for the PowerCommander...I have no experience with the Rapid.

I run the PCIIIusb on my 2005 Honda RC51. I use a map provided by Kyle Racing specifically designed for the Sato exhaust system on the bike. The performance gains are incredible. The maps are easily changed and can be downloaded from the internet, and the interface is intuitive.

I found the installation to be simple and well explained by the directions, and the overall quality and construction of the componants is first class.

I chose this unit because of PC's reputation, the availability of custom maps on the internet, and the other product offerings from PowerCommander.

No complaints, and I am NOT giving it back...EVER!

Good luck, hope this one side helps...

Griff
twoeleven

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Not even once. In fact, I've never even thought about that one time until you asked it here. To the best of my knowledge, nothing perceptable by me, and I wring the neck out of this bike.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
psst!!!... said:
thanks for the imput. Did you noticed any delay on throtle response when istalled the PC?
Hi psst, we don't have rapidbike in the USA so some of us will lack any experience with that module but I have read from other EU forums that people are very happy with it. I think I'd go with what the best dyno shop in your area uses as that will make more difference than the hardware.

Sometimes people interpret changing from rough fuelling on a poorly set up bike to the smooth fuelling on a properly set up bike as 'delay'. It really can feel like it's not reacting as quickly when the bike lacks a certain urgency but a good tuner can give you the best of both worlds - or at least an acceptable compromise.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
psst!!!... said:
thanks for the imput. Did you noticed any delay on throtle response when istalled the PC?
I can only speak for the PCIII USB. You have a "accelerator pump" feature. There you can fix any delay on throttle respones when you pull full thottle immediately.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I'm not sure what people are talking about with this "delay" problem.

A properly mapped bike will perform flawelessy under all circumstances.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
airfuel said:
I'm not sure what people are talking about with this "delay" problem.
There is a certain surge of urgency just following the off then on throttle abruptness that is lost with the fuelling smoothed, IMO. When I first felt it I thought something was wrong with the TPS set point/calibration but have come to realize myself and understand from the reports of others that it is the sensation that has changed. I'm sure it would be great to really work with a dyno operator like you that understands a persons desires towards compromise one way or the other :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Ahhhh, the so called snatchy throttle response.I get you now!
I felt this for just one ride then on with the PC.
On the dyno I replicated this condition and saw that the bike went very lean at super small throttle positions just before getting the power.

I have a simple modification to the PC map that got rid of this. Super smooth now!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I have a Rapid Bike installed. Gained hp and nm over the whole curve, but no extra top hp. We still have to figure out all possibilities of the RB.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I would get the one that you can have tuned the best.

I don't know much about the rapid bike, but if you can't get either tuned correctly, you are missing out on the last little piece of a really good running bike.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Well... the bike is running great with the RB so far, but there is more in it than we achieved till now. The tuner is still learning about the RB and we will go on after winter, or maybe in winter. The RB has way more possibilities than the PC, but that also makes it harder to tune...

Here is a graph fyi

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As far as I know the RB can be used in any bike, just change the plugs/wires, and also allow to swicth maps on an hadlebar switch (can be wet and grip map p example).
Also memorizes the maps.
But what excited myself was: "you run the bike on a specific gear lets say from 2000rpms to full throotle and came back. Then you link to the software and it shows a 3 sclale curve where you just redraw at your will. More power where you want."
Well if this is true this is the hardware we shall get, inst it?
It cost the double of the PC...

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
psst!!!... said:
As far as I know the RB can be used in any bike, just change the plugs/wires, and also allow to swicth maps on an hadlebar switch (can be wet and grip map p example).
Also memorizes the maps.
True!

·
Registered
1 Posts
rapid bike experience

Hi, I´ve been tuning all kind of fuel management system for long and finally decided to use the rapid bike one mainly, because its modularity (you can change it from one bike to the next one) and because it has a better soft to play with. There are more things, on my dyno (dyno34.com) I have felt that when I make a change at certain rpm area with the power commander, it reflects some 2000 rpm above it, but with the rapidbike, if you make a change at 7000 rpm, you will feel the diference at that exact rpm, so I´d say that some how the way it works is much faster and more direct than the power commander. It´s definitively more racing focused.
If anyone wants to know more about it, I´ll reply tha post.
And for the one saying that the rb is not easy available in the us, I can post them from here (europe) fully programmed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts