MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I took my F4-1000R to my previous dealer. I wanted to put my MV on the same dynostation as I putted my Gixxer.

The red lines are power- and torquecurve of my MV, the blue lines are from my GSX-R 1000K5 when it was completely stock.

The torquecurve of the MV looks like shit. And there is a big dip around 5000rpm. So I think they did this for emission and noise laws?

Fuel ratio was like this: from 2000 rpm till 7000rpm poor gas mixture and from 7000 till 13000 rpm it was to rich. I think when you loose the cat and keep the stock exhausts, the mixture will be ok above 7000Rpm.

GreetZ,

Peet.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The F4-1000R is completely stock and so was the Gixxer at the time of that Dyno.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hb88xx said:
No Idea whjat a Suz can gain by a dyno tune, MV for sure can be a lot better.

-Blue: stock Gixxer.
-Red: Yoshi can mounted.
-Green: air/fuel mixture tuned with a yoshi box.

This is the last dyno of the same Gixxer. Standard exhaust (wich contains the cat) was replaced by an open Yoshimura exhaust. And afterwards the Air/fuel mixture was tuned with a Yoshi box.

GreetZ,

Peet.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Peet said:
Hi all,

The torquecurve of the MV looks like shit. And there is a big dip around 5000rpm. So I think they did this for emission and noise laws?

Fuel ratio was like this: from 2000 rpm till 7000rpm poor gas mixture and from 7000 till 13000 rpm it was to rich. I think when you loose the cat and keep the stock exhausts, the mixture will be ok above 7000Rpm.

GreetZ,

Peet.
The dip is an emission dip. When I had my S on the Dyno it was lean on all rpm's. Loosing the cat and mounting the RG3 it became a little bit richer but nou enough. So it's not always that when you loose the cat it will go leaner...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you mounted another chip when you installed the exhaust?

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
No other chip.
I have a Rapid Bike module (also have the graphs without the RB and with the RG3). Far more sophisticated than a Power Commander. A lot more complicated also. We have nice fluent curves and gained a lot of torque, but we lost 2 hp on top end. So we are not quite finished, but the bike is mega fast at this point.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My previous dealer "Wim Motors" is the distributor of Rapid bike Modules in Belgium. They did the Dyno run of my MV.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Peet said:

-Blue: stock Gixxer.
-Red: Yoshi can mounted.
-Green: air/fuel mixture tuned with a yoshi box.

This is the last dyno of the same Gixxer. Standard exhaust (wich contains the cat) was replaced by an open Yoshimura exhaust. And afterwards the Air/fuel mixture was tuned with a Yoshi box.

GreetZ,

Peet.
thats a massive gain overall, but good midrange

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
My 1000S's curve looked like all bumpy like that untill the Power Commander was fitted and set up, at some points in the "emission dips" the PC was adding 25% more fuel, and as you rightly say the top end was also too rich

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Peet said:
Hi all,

I took my F4-1000R to my previous dealer. I wanted to put my MV on the same dynostation as I putted my Gixxer.

The red lines are power- and torquecurve of my MV, the blue lines are from my GSX-R 1000K5 when it was completely stock.

GreetZ,

Peet.
That big dip just after 5000rpm is exactly what I was feeling on my bike, the bike needs a power commander, that'll sort it :stickpoke

I think it would look worse than that on a part throttle run

1 - 13 of 13 Posts