MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kids got me a POV HD vid camera for birthday (prob cos I'm a geek and I said I "needed" one at some stage)

Not keen on having any mount "permanently" put on either the bike or the helmet - any advice on what is the best mounting mechanism, position on bike, doe's and don't s etc?

Sensible responses please :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
:stickpokeBlue tac.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I've seen harnesses that you can wear with the camera pointing forward on your chest. The videos made with those seem to look really good.

·
Registered
240 Posts
A suction mount might be a good option on top of the flat airbox/fuel tank of the F4.

I just got a Go Pro Hero 2 camera, the motorsport pack. It comes with a 'suction cap' mount. Fits really nice on the flat top of the airbox on the F4. This it the pack I got here:
http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero2-motorsports-edition/
I was very hesitant at first, thinking it would fall off. Its very good though.

Heres a little vid I did using the Go Pro using time lapse:
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/DLO01/Motorbikes/?action=view&current=20120716CommuteFinal1.mp4

In regard to your camera. I'd get something from here:
http://www.rammount.com/

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Mate I've got a pov and I use the moulded Velcro tape its a moulded plastic Velcro and I leave it on place on the bike is u want to remove just peel it off
As u can see camera on side here

And tape left in place

Comes off real easy and doesn't hurt paint finish fella

·
Registered
860 Posts
Mate I've got a pov and I use the moulded Velcro tape its a moulded plastic Velcro and I leave it on place on the bike is u want to remove just peel it off
As u can see camera on side here

And tape left in place

Comes off real easy and doesn't hurt paint finish fella
Wow! Where Can I get this camera?
Thanks
Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Wow! Where Can I get this camera?
Thanks
Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
Just search on web for vio pov myn is the 1.5 but hey now do a HD one the end lens is bigger but thus gives real good quality u can also see some of my vids on YouTube just search MvWoodster for my vids

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Kids got me a POV HD vid camera for birthday (prob cos I'm a geek and I said I "needed" one at some stage)

Not keen on having any mount "permanently" put on either the bike or the helmet - any advice on what is the best mounting mechanism, position on bike, doe's and don't s etc?

Sensible responses please :D
duct tape

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Subject: Duct tape

During a private "fly-in" fishing excursion in the Alaskan wilderness, the chartered pilot and fishermen left a cooler with bait in the airplane. A bear smelled it.

This is what he did to the plane.
image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image003.jpg
image004.jpg
The pilot used his radio and had another pilot bring him 2 new tires, 3 cases of duct tape, and a supply of sheet plastic...
He patched the plane together, and FLEW IT HOME !
image005.jpg
image006.jpg
Duct Tape? Never Leave Home Without It.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the velcro idea as a budget solution

Duct tape doesn't cut it for this application but might for others (see previous post)

The harness sounds ok but I'm not into looking like a cyborg if I can help it.

The suction cup look like a winner for tank mounting (no legacy mount and quick to setup/pulldown)

Blue tac ....well thanks anyway!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

Duct tape doesn't cut it for this application but might for others (see previous post)

The suction cup look like a winner for tank mounting (no legacy mount and quick to setup/pulldown)

I've tried the sickroom cups and they shock like mad the Velcro was the best of all the rings I tried no vibrations or movement and a role of it ain't budget mate lol

·
Registered
386 Posts

You can get velcro dots on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50-Pairs-Magic-Durable-Velcro-Self-Adhesive-Loop-Hooks-Coin-White-Dot-20mm-New-/160791031866?pt=AU_Sewing&hash=item256fe4703a

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK - I have a hybrid arrangement that works REALLY well. Put together with what was laying around...JOBY tripod ball head combined with a seat pad of adhesive velcro and mounted on centre of steering column head. As velcro alone resulted in too much camera "nodding" I used a couple of opposing cable ties looped around the JOBY head and the steering head (checked for no abrasion issues). The JOBY head and the Contour cameras rotating lens makes it easy to shoot at virtually any angle and takes a few seconds to readjust.

Could possibly get a threaded mount made up to make it more robust but gave up on where I could mount the bolt using a suitable existing bolt hole.

Video's to come...

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts