MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, considering buying a used 2015 dragster in the northern Virginia area. I currently live down near raleigh and cant seem to find any mv mechanics near me. The bike I'm looking at has 5500 miles on it and is coming up on the 7500 mile service. I'm wondering if anyone on here knows of any mechanical in the raleigh area? I've always wanted a dragster but it scares the living daylights out of me because of service!
Thanks all

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
7500mile is valve clearance inspection and/or adjustment if needed.
So if you are going to purchase it, you can negociate over the price of the bike.

As for where and who, Ill leave that over to the 'MURICA boys.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Charlotte is your closest. Do it. The fun outweighs the hassle.

·
Administrator
19,807 Posts
Welcome to the family... maybe. Any decent technician can do maintenance on a MV. There is a shop in Asheville NC (not a dealer) who can service a MV and that I would trust.

I did not think a valve clearance inspection was called for at 7500 miles on the newer MVs....at any rate, I would seriously doubt it would need any valves adjusted at that mileage.

Please add your location to your profile.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the tips! I'm coming from a pretty tricked out 2016 r nine t which is a pretty quick little ride, I'm hoping this one will have even more giddyup if you get what I'm saying. Bonus points though it anyone wants to trade before I end up selling it. ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it safe to assume that reason I cant post on any other threads is because I haven't reached a certain number of posts yet?

·
Administrator
19,807 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts