MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from Australia.

I am looking at a F3800 ABS 2014 with 8000K's up, and thought it would be wise to register here first! :smile2:

Mainly I was wondering if it worth holding out for a 2015/16, or if the 14 is very similar? As it's interstate I had a friend test ride it for me, he say's it is obviously been used for commuting but should clean up ok.

He took some photos too. I think that is a EAS 1.0 shift sensor? Any info on what to look out for is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
HI Trevor, welcome to the forum.

Not an authority on F3s so will leave comments specifically about the model up to others on here. Judging by the last photo (why is it of the Ducati next to the F3 and not the bike itself?) this is from a dealer and not a private sale. The state of preparation looks pretty poor TBH and if the price is a dealer type price (on the high side) I would expect the bike to be considerably cleaner than it is.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
It seems to me that you should find a neater one. This is more than cleaning up.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
The old philosophy...dirty floors, dirty drawers comes to mind here. I'm with Maximum Velocity. There should be a number of them available in Oz, I would look for other options if it's possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, there is an immaculate 2013 nearby, but I would prefer the ABS. Going to see if I can manage the cash for a 2015 Demo with 136'ks on it, as they want AUD$16888 for it with no rego.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi there,

As mentioned above that one requires a bit more than a quick clean up. The nicks in the paintwork around the headstock don't look great, especially allowing that is not the easiest place to generate paint chips. I would wait and keep searching in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.