MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been thinking about picking up another bike lately, currently riding an sv650s, and have come to the conclusion of either an f3 675 or a daytona. I had the opportunity to go an look at f3's today and found it surprisingly comfortable for being 6'3". I'm going to go look at daytona's tomorrow and just wanted some general insight to compare the two bikes. So far everyone has said the positions are vastly different in that you ride the f3 but are basically perched on the daytona. The bike will be used for just about everything from short commutes, 50+ mile commutes, canyon carving, and potentially track days. Obviously I understand that theyre both supersports and I dont expect to be comfortable on longer commutes. I had the opportunity to talk to a lady today who owns an f3 and owned a daytona about which was best. We basically came to the conclusion that the daytona is a superior motorcycle but 99% of people wont ride hard enough to experience a difference between the two. If that's the case then the f3 is clearly the way to go because, well, one bike looks good and the other could be used as art in my living room.

So, any comparisons between the two would be fantastic. Also, if anyone wouldnt mind sharing what they pay for insurance I would appreciate it. I live in southern California and for some reason theres a 7000 a year difference between the two bikes for me. No clue why but the daytona is 1200 a year full coverage and the f3 is pushing 9000 a year for equal coverage.

Nick

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've ridden both extensively, and I prefer the F3 Take into consideration I'm 5'9".

More bottom end. More mid range. More control over electronics. Easier to flip side to side in tight turns. More pizzaz lol...

Possibly slightly more pressure on the wrists on the F3 than the Daytona.

Nothing wrong with the Dytona. Great bike. Just not as good as the F3 for a "similar" package.

Corran

·
Registered
504 Posts
The two bikes have very different personalities. The Daytona is far more "mellow" and refined versus the F3; conversely, the F3 is more aggressive, in both feel and sound. Appearance favors the F3 big time - the Daytona looks rather thrown together versus the MV's more integrated design approach. As always, it depends on what's more important to you, as both are good machines.

·
Banned
55 Posts
One of our riders this year has just came away from riding a Daytona 675 to join us on the MV.

Firstly our dyno figures, show the MV has more power and torque in standard trim over the Triumph, which is very good as there is a lot of potential in the MV to improve it also.

The biggest difference he noticed was the chassis and the brakes. The MV stops and turns so much better and easier than the Triumph. Downside of the MV is the stock electronics which aren't that great, but there's ways around this.

It's definately a case of everyone will have different opinions, but we definately rate the MV more than the Triumph.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments so far. Discovered the dealer has a potential 2013 f3 about to be traded in with 600 miles on it that theyre going to list for 10,500ish. I dont think i could live with myself if I went Triumph over an f3 at that price.

Anyone have any idea what the deal is with insurance on the bikes? I got a quote for an f4rr full coverage at 2k a year so I'm basically baffled.

·
Registered
305 Posts
costs me $40/mo for full coverage with state farm

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Progressive quoted me 2k for the f4rr. Theyre the same people who charge ~1200 for my sv and for a daytona. Theyre also, annoyingly, the same people who want 8k for the f3. I think it might be because they dont specifically have the f3 under mv agusta but rather "other" with 675 in the displacement.

·
Registered
570 Posts
That is ludicrous. Foremost.thats who I have insurance through. Im 37 years old. Lost my license when I was 18 for 5 years. 146mph in 55. Ive had a maybe 3-4 tickets sense. (Learned early in life its pretty hard to get away in a car lol). I pay $417.00 a year for a 15,000 dollar replacement policy. Meaning I have the regular full coverage...fire/theft etc. With the added if anything happens to the bike be it stolen or totaled etc. Ill get $15,000 minus $500 for the deductible. I hate depreciation value. If you spend so much on an item and its insured then you should get that much back should anything happen. Give em a shout. There great to work with. Ive been with them a looooonnnnggggg time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts