MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Suspension Settings: F4S and F4R

I thought I'd just post this in case any ever needs it. Mostly like it will be me because I've made copies of this suspension insert but lost my original and all but one copy. :loser:

If anyone would like to add a Brutale or F4R, please feel free and I can rename the thread accordingly.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Thanks! That will be helpfull.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
guys i have a question, do you turn the screws clockwise untill it is all the way closed, then count clicks counter-clockwise? or turn counter, then count clicks clockwise?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
turn screw clockwise - all the way in, till it's fully seated. then start counting clicks as you go counter clockwise (out).

the reason for doing that is to give you the same starting point every time you make an adjustment.

forgot to add: the high-speed compression adjuster on the rear shock is backwards - turn that one fully counter clockwise (no damping) and then count clicks in a clockwise direction.

here's a nice thread on all this stuff:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2058

alex

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
i was asking because the pictures posted on this thread say the click numbers, but dont say which way to do it, so i guess its the same for all bikes, count backwards from fully seated position., thanx

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
In another thread, I mention I had my suspension settings done by Race Tech last Saturday at Pro Italia. I've had a chance to compare Race Tech's settings with the 1000S' manual STANDARD settings.

Front
Race Tech (RT) Preload: 2.5 from full soft // Manual: 6 from full soft
RT Rebound:13 clicks from full stiff // Manual: 9 from full soft
RT Compression: 7 clicks from stiff // Manual: 9 from full soft

Rear
RT Preload: 2 turns from full soft // Manual: 4 from full soft
RT Rebound: no adjustment (16 from stiff) // Manual: 20
RT Compress: 16 clicks from stiff // Manual: 15

I found Race Tech's settings a little to soft for my tastes but I did learn that my rear was a bit too high (rear preload was 8 from soft and front preload on standard). I like the ass high set up but it was a bit unstable mid corner. I'm going to try the standard settings again.

BTW, I'm about 215lbs with gear. (yes, the gear adds another 50lbs. ;) )

·
Banned
241 Posts
I want to thank you for posting this!!!!!!! Last night, I took this sheet, went exactly between Standard and stiff, set my tire press at 33 frt 33 rr. Today was BY FAR...my best day on the MV!!!! Fast, very capable bike.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Allan Gibbs said:
I thought I'd just post this in case any ever needs it. Mostly like it will be me because I've made copies of this suspension insert but lost my original and all but one copy. :loser:

If anyone would like to add a Brutale or F4R, please feel free and I can rename the thread accordingly.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not a problem. After weeks of playing around with the suspension, I'm also finding the standard setting is my favorite as well. Race Tech's settings were just too soft but I understand they were being conservative.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
i bought my bike used, and i had no idea what my suspension settings were, well lets just say, they were wayyyyy off, the front preload was all the way closed (hard) the rear was not that far off from standard, but i adjusted everything to standard, and wow, what a difference man, +1 on this post. keep up the good/useful posts.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad it helped. We used to have the manual and even a shop manual for the 750 in the Article forum. Hope it's back online soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts