MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I want to get some motorcyle parts sent to me to in Australia, the parts are located
Accident, MD 21520 USA

The dimensions of the box are 43 inches by 32 inches by 20
inches and is approx. 32 pounds.

the dealer wants me to organise the courier, ok no worries
but when i search the couriers to send to aus, they are quoting 1200-1900AUD to post.
:surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise:

what is the best way to get this parcel to Australia at the cheapest rate
any help would be appreciated
cheers
rob

·
Administrator
18,830 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,420 Posts
I do agree with Ed. USPS is probably the best. Noel may weigh in here as he does this quite often.

Another option would be for the shop in MD to send the parts to me and I can repackage into smaller units that will ship easier... if that is possible.

·
Administrator
18,830 Posts
Speaking of Accident Maryland..... there was a Suzuki, Aprilia, Polaris dealer there that I know. Is it them???
Not much else in Accident. Small tourist town in the western part of the state.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Might not be much help but I will be flying to Australia from Vancouver through Melbourne in May and can carry it for you but I’m guessing you might not want to wait till then . Offer is there anyway

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Might not be much help but I will be flying to Australia from Vancouver through Melbourne in May and can carry it for you but I’m guessing you might not want to wait till then . Offer is there anyway

Very nice of you to do that.

·
Registered
14,205 Posts
?

Package size for OZ ONLY.....
79" that's length plus girth
Use International 1st Class.....it's the cheapest and it all goes in the same airplane
Australia and New Zealand charge duty on the value of the item AND THE FUCKING SHIPPING????
If combined it totals over $400 AUD
Remember the AUD is worth only $0.6841 USD so you can hit 400 easily, so be creative :wink2:

Here's the postal calculator ........you have to click down at the bottom to find International 1st Class
https://postcalc.usps.com/

If you're using used boxes, use the fiber reinforced paper tape, the clear tape doesn't stick very well
Shipping peanuts move around......and can let items be damaged, overfill the box if using peanuts
Use chunks of Styrofoam instead

Here are my tools;
paper tape dispenser, measures, wets and cuts the tape
air stapler for building strong boxes....and ruining the knives of customs inspectors >:)>:)
They xrayed it, they don't need to open the package, then have it damaged in shipment
2nd picture tool for making folds in cardboard boxes, digital scale, utility knife, tape measure,
Best of the clear tape dispensers ($6.50) misc markers

Attachments

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speaking of Accident Maryland..... there was a Suzuki, Aprilia, Polaris dealer there that I know. Is it them???
Not much else in Accident. Small tourist town in the western part of the state.
yes thats the one

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank u so much for that. so very kind of u

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do agree with Ed. USPS is probably the best. Noel may weigh in here as he does this quite often.

Another option would be for the shop in MD to send the parts to me and I can repackage into smaller units that will ship easier... if that is possible.
thank u so much, this may be an option. I will talk to the dealer and get some better understanding

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts