MV Agusta Forum banner

Post edit

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  silentservice703 
#1 ·
I assume this is where I post help request!
I tried to reply to a post and ended up with multiple quotes by mistake - I have not posted it but am stuck with the reply I can't seem to edit or delete how do I do this please - maybe we could have a help manual in here?

#2 ·
Go to the post and click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner.
A drop down menu will appear.
Choose what you want to do.
Make the edits.
Save

#4 ·
Pre post you should be able to edit, change, insert and delete at will.

Reactions: theknurl
#5 ·
Chuck;
When I click on the 3 dots I only get
edit
that's all, no delete anywhere I've looked

I can't edit my signature
I've been trying for 11days to add a link to my Knurl's Tricks.....sticky
All I get is "you can only edit 10 things in 7 days" and nothing happens
That's fucking useless....I bet I edited my big sticky 75-100 times over the years
as new info came out
Now the avatar of the person starting the thread shows at the start of the thread,
of what use is that?????
Go look at Apriliaforum.com at the head of every thread is a small envelope, the color of the envelope tells you how active the thread is white it's just sitting there,
red it's a hot topic, If you've posted on the thread there's a small green arrow, very easy to see.....unlike the small narrow and wide bands we HAD here
Here's a screenshot
Text Font Line Screenshot Number

#6 ·
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance.

Special Note: If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket

#7 ·
How To Edit A Post

Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the timestamp. Select “Edit”.

Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

- Cricket

#8 ·
How To Create A Signature

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guests and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

- Cricket

#9 ·
Just another "upgrade" from the former system where I could have different fonts, emojis, colors and enough lines to incorporate my invitation to the Gaplicious. Keep up the "good" wok for your "valuable" forum membership....especially the Chinese contingent.

Reactions: esq'z me
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.