MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am thinking about getting a F4 1000 base model, I have seen a beautiful one owner 2014 model, low kms totally standard, right colours, with an official dealer so a proper guarantee for a year. I have a Ducati 1198s and have decided that I haven’t suffered enough so maybe it’s time I finally scratch the F4 itch that I’ve since about 2004...

I find this bike, the base model, to be under reviewed and there isn’t much technical info out there. I’d like to know what the wheels weigh (basically are they as heavy as Ducati base model cast wheels?) and if there is a mechanical slipper clutch as standard or is it an electronic slipper? Also are there any recalls or updates to be aware of when going through the paperwork please?

Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
F4 wheels are not light (not sure on exact weight) but neither are they especially heavy. Personally I really like the design but have bought RC wheels as they are much lighter and look even better.

I haven't had any recalls on mine (new in April 2015) but that is not to say there haven't been updates applied at the first 2 annual services (when it went to a main dealer).

The F4 is, in my experience, super reliable and, now I have got rid of the god awful red silver bodywork and silver wheels, very much the bike I always wanted.

·
Administrator
19,556 Posts
@Aldini Welcome to the family !! Where in the world are you? Please add that bit of info to your profile.

The 4 cylinder MVs are very well developed and newer models are very reliable (since the around 2008, so first and second gen). I do not think there are any recalls on the F4 or B4 models.

3 cylinder models are a different story, although MV seems to have finally gotten the bugs out.

I don't know the weight of the standard wheels, first generation MV star pattern wheels are pretty heavy, though not as bad as some. Second gen bikes have lighter wheels from what I understand.
And a mechanical slipper clutch is standard as I recall.

Going to be a different ride from those twins you are used to.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
its a mechanical slipper in the 2014 model.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks so much for your advice, good to hear that the bike is reliable too.. but for me the right colours are the god awful red and silver lol!!
As it should be

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hello, I am thinking about getting a F4 1000 base model, I have seen a beautiful one owner 2014 model, low kms totally standard, right colours, with an official dealer so a proper guarantee for a year. I have a Ducati 1198s and have decided that I haven’t suffered enough so maybe it’s time I finally scratch the F4 itch that I’ve since about 2004...

I find this bike, the base model, to be under reviewed and there isn’t much technical info out there. I’d like to know what the wheels weigh (basically are they as heavy as Ducati base model cast wheels?) and if there is a mechanical slipper clutch as standard or is it an electronic slipper? Also are there any recalls or updates to be aware of when going through the paperwork please?

Aldini dont buy it, its not for you, wheels far too heavy for you

now;
where exactly is this bike, which dealer is selling it, I need to know, im very interested.

·
Vendor
5,284 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Can I please ask you why you are worried about the weight of the wheels?

·
Super Moderator
22,122 Posts
Who makes an Electronic Slipper Clutch?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your replies and well wishes!

In answer to your questions, I’m in Italy! I will update the profile soon.

I had an 899 Panigale and that had a strange electronic way of ‘slipping’ the clutch, it wasn’t mechanical . It’s called Ducati EBC and although I got used to it, it wasn’t fantastic and I put a mechanical slipper in there.

I’m interested in the weight of the wheels because I like fast road riding and trackdays and heavy cast wheels make such a difference to the handling, acceleration and braking. I was thinking that if the F4 base wheels are as heavy as the 899 wheels for example, I would rather wait until an R or RR comes up rather than spending 2000 euros on new wheels. Also the standard wheels on the 1198s are spectacularly light and I’ve really got used to that feeling they give you. So basically I am saying I don’t want to have to spend money on lighter wheels and a new clutch I’d rather wait. And I learnt that from wasting so much money on the 899. Sorry for the long and boring explaination.

The bike is in Italy, too far from Scotland!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts