MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Looking to change to MV - currently ride a Ducati 848 SF and fancying the new 800RR dragster

Tell me I'm doing the right thing

Test ride soon I hope!

Never owned a MV, had Laverda's and Ducatis!

:brutale:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Personally I'm not a fan of the dragsters riding position, the seat pushes you forward against the tank making you sit more upright, the 200 section rear tyre also slows down the steering so I suggest you also try a 800 Brutale if you can? Unless of course your buying it for its looks alone.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Personally I'm not a fan of the dragsters riding position, the seat pushes you forward against the tank making you sit more upright, the 200 section rear tyre also slows down the steering so I suggest you also try a 800 Brutale if you can? Unless of course your buying it for its looks alone.
Brutale handles better, allows more freedom in changing the seating position and allows more upper body movement. On the minus side it looks a bit less "cool". But still, people are stopping me and want a chat everytime I park somewhere, kids are waving from cars, etc...so one cannot say Brutale is not noticable.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Also, by the virtues of agility, handling and throttle response, any of them eats your 848 sf for breakfast. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
MY brutale gets all the looks! most people ask what kind of ducati it is tho 0_o

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't wait now - the demo is the Brutale RR , I'm not one to hang off a bike much unless I'm crashing and always sit against the tank on the SF

Be nice to touch the ground with both toes to!

Don't 17k in 3 seasons on SF and love her to bits but a change is in the air !

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
320 Posts
If I were you, after having the 848, I would choose the Brutale, I think you would prefer the way it handles.

Lovely bike - can't fault mine at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've got 6500 miles on my Brutale 800. I sat on a Dragster, but it won't take too tall of a person. I'm 5'9". I've had my sprag replaced, that's it. Funny thing, I'm looking to get a Monster 821 for my second bike. IMO, the Brutale RR is pretty awesome. 200 mm rear tire and all that HP. But the torque is where this bike shines.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm only 5'5

So why is the handling different Just tyre size? Could you change the rear tyre to the Brutale profile on the dragster or are the rims different

Torque figures are slightly less than 848

Took a 1200S Monster for a test ride felt too fat & lazy , and even though I'm short my legs felt cramped

Dealer now says demos not arriving from Italy until next week

I hate waiting ! !!

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Brutale has a shorter wheel base. When you WOT this bike, it just wants to lift the tires off the ground. It's a wild ride, but the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle. You should fit like a glove on a dragster.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
It will rev faster and higher than the SF848.

I don't really care about the 200 tire, id be swapping that as soon as it wore out. 190/55 at the least.

Personally that Dragster RR, visually does all the right things for me, it's probably a good thing locally there's no demos.

I'm sure you'll be happy with either.

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I'm small also and the Brutale 800 fits me great . I've test ridden a few monsters and never ended up buying one . Test rode a Brutale 920 bought it . Rode the 800 bought it. You'll love it .

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Brutale has a shorter wheel base. When you WOT this bike, it just wants to lift the tires off the ground. It's a wild ride, but the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle. You should fit like a glove on a dragster.

Online specs saying both wheelbase 1380 so only rear tyre size different & suspension

Booked in for this weekend !!

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I was all set to buy a HP4 and then saw the picture of the black Dragster RR :heart:. I had a lot of seat time on a S1000RR, so I know I'll like the HP4. Would really suck to buy the Dragster and find I'm uncomfortable on it. Happened with a Panigale. Finding an MV dealer around here that will allow a test ride is tough. I'm guessing a gnad saving seat will come out eventually for the Dragster. 3 months to decide.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts