MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i just registered here. ive been looking into buying a used brutale 750. its a 2004 with 6000 miles on it. it has some after market stuff done to it like exhaust, chip, seats, and some other minor stuff. it was dropped but there is very very minor damage. the seller is asking 5000. any opinions? thoughts? things i should know? oh yea this would be my first motorcycle.
thanks everyone.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That seems a little high even with the extras. I got my 750 a couple of months ago. Standard but with just 900 miles and just under 5k.

Do get one though and enjoy - a great bike! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
$5000 US for a 6000 mile 2004 750 might be OK if it is in excellent condition. Not sure how many 750 Brutales were sold in the US - you see 910's for sale much more frequently. You say minor damage - that can be expensive to repair if it's scuffed engine cases, gas tank, etc., so take that into consideration (easy enough to get replacement part pricing and use that for negotiation). Look for obvious signs of abuse, seeping oil or coolant, dry chain, worn sprockets and see if maintenance records are available. No harm in making an offer, you may be pleasantly surprised (worst thing the seller can say is no, maybe you'll end up in the middle). Most MV buyers take very good care of their machines. Ask the right questions and use common sense when looking the bike over. Look over the forum a bit - it may lead you to ask about specific issues. If you can snag a test ride all the better. BTW, sorry I missed the Pennsylvania location on your profile. I lived in Carlisle many years ago (late sixties). It sure can snow there - I remember digging snow tunnels through our front yard...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Scoring a MVA as your first bike would be great!! I first thought about buying THE legend 36 years ago - finally got one!! :mouthwate

BTW, welcome to the MVA forums. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
$5000 US for a 6000 mile 2004 750 might be OK if it is in excellent condition. Not sure how many 750 Brutales were sold in the US - you see 910's for sale much more frequently. You say minor damage - that can be expensive to repair if it's scuffed engine cases, gas tank, etc., so take that into consideration (easy enough to get replacement part pricing and use that for negotiation). Look for obvious signs of abuse, seeping oil or coolant, dry chain, worn sprockets and see if maintenance records are available. No harm in making an offer, you may be pleasantly surprised (worst thing the seller can say is no, maybe you'll end up in the middle). Most MV buyers take very good care of their machines. Ask the right questions and use common sense when looking the bike over. Look over the forum a bit - it may lead you to ask about specific issues. If you can snag a test ride all the better. BTW, sorry I missed the Pennsylvania location on your profile. I lived in Carlisle many years ago (late sixties). It sure can snow there - I remember digging snow tunnels through our front yard...
oh yea im in west chester about 2 hours from carlisle. a good friend of mine goes to school up there. luckily there hasnt been much snow here the past few years. theres a chip on the gas tank and a little rub mark by the seat. other then that the bike is really clean and well maintained.

·
Registered
11 Posts
HEY! I'm in Malvern PA. Message me when you get it. We'll go for a ride together. We'll have our own little Brutale parade.

I think that's a great deal, as long as it's just very minor nicks and scratches. Things that you can live with and not have to spend extra money to fix. If you don't think it's a deal, I challenge anyone to try and find a decent 750 for less. You may not think it's worth $5000 US, but pretty impossible to actually buy one for less.

As for this being your first bike, kind of makes me nervous. Not the power, just the likelihood of brainfarts. It'll be a painful day if/when you tip it over just cause you weren't thinking.

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I was in search of my first Brutale I almost bought a perfect 750 for 4500 with 1600 miles. I'd offer the guy 4k. He knows it's not worth five. To own such a piece of art for 4 grand is outstanding, but as mentioned by everyone else look at it first. My rear hub went at 6500 miles. May be the reason he is selling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I was in search of my first Brutale I almost bought a perfect 750 for 4500 with 1600 miles. I'd offer the guy 4k. He knows it's not worth five. To own such a piece of art for 4 grand is outstanding, but as mentioned by everyone else look at it first. My rear hub went at 6500 miles. May be the reason he is selling.
i looked at it and it is clean. other then the chip on the gas tank and rub mark by the seat it is clean. theres some after market stuff too like exhaust and a chip.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i looked at it and it is clean. other then the chip on the gas tank and rub mark by the seat it is clean. theres some after market stuff too like exhaust and a chip.
Then I would say go for it. Once you get your first MV you will be hooked for life. It's a good disease.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
$5000 is a little rich for a damaged 750 no matter how light the damage.

When you say aftermarket exhaust, which one? If it's a full titanium exhaust then $5000 isn't bad at all. If it's anything other than MV Agusta, subtract value.

If you have pics of the bike, post them. There is a lot of knowledge here and you will get a very good idea of what to offer. Chances are the seller is a member here as well so it could work out for both of you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whats up everyone! new to the site and new to the bike! JEEPDUDE, did you get your Brutale? Dont want to hijack the thread but I am too looking at purchasing my very first one...as well as it being my first bike. I too wanted ya'lls advice and what not on the one im looking at.

2004, 750, with 19K miles, lots of goodies, no damage. There is one thing wrong, the alternator is not charging the battery. Asking price is $4500 (might be able to drop it a few :naughty: ). YAYS/NAYS? I can list the extras.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts